|“||Is it possible? Am I a vampire?||”|
— Candace Flynn
Candace is bitten by a bat after watching a popular vampire movie with Stacy and worries that she is becoming a vampire. Phineas and Ferb's latest gadgets lead Candace to believe that she has indeed made the change from teenager to teen vampire. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz plans to change the Tri-State Area into a carbon copy of Gimmelshtump so that it will be easier to take over.
A werewolf and a girl chase after a bat, which happens to be a vampire. Candace and Stacy are at the theater watching a new teen-vampire film called Early Evening. As the film progresses, Candace is impressed by the abilities vampires have. The movie finishes having the vampire becoming dust due to exposure to sunlight.
As they are leaving the theater, Candace accidentally knocks over a cage containing a bat, similar to the vampire bat in the movie, causing the bat to attack her. An employee from the theater tells Candace not to harm the bat as it is a rental.
Meanwhile, Phineas and Ferb question each other on what their project for today is. When Isabella visits Phineas and Ferb, she shows them her wilted bamboo plant. Phineas tells her the plant is not getting enough sunlight, and he suggests he help her with it. Buford, Baljeet, and Irving wonder why Isabella gets a special favor, and they ask for their own. Phineas then takes requests from everyone.
When Perry gets to his lair, he is informed by Major Monogram that Doofenshmirtz sent a scented letter via regular mail to the O.W.C.A. explaining that he no longer desired to conquer the Tri-State Area.
On Candace's way home from the movie theater, Stacy states that Candace is lucky to have not been bitten by the bat because the bat may have been a vampire bat, which would have caused Candace to turn into a vampire herself. At first Candace thinks the idea is ridiculous, but upon entering the backyard, she finds the boys' latest creations.
Since the boys decided to take their friends' requests, Phineas and Ferb had fashioned for Baljeet a gravity defying barbell, for Buford an invisible anti-gravity field, for Irving a mirror that does not show one's reflection, and for Isabella a lamp that shines a super-bright light for her bamboo. These inventions lead Candace to believe that she has indeed made the change from teenager to teen vampire.
Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz traps Perry with the world's stickiest substance, which happens to be a tile from the floor of the movie theater. Doofenshmirtz tells Perry that he believes that the Tri-State Area would be easier to take over if it were a backward land with superstitious residents instead of a modern city. He explains that he plans to recreate the Tri-State Area into a village using his latest invention, the Gimmelshtump-inator.
As Jeremy arrives at the Flynn-Fletcher home to return Candace her MP3 player, she evades him fearing that she might be a threat to him. She covers herself with a black cape and red sunglasses and runs away through the backyard, hoping to find Phineas and Ferb to be turned back to "normal". As she searches throughout the city for her brothers, she visits the town's Goth store, hoping to find apparel that will protect her from the sunlight.
When Perry starts to fight Doofenshmirtz inside the Gimmelshtump-inator, they by accident cause the machine to start firing at random places throughout Danville, causing them to become old fashioned.
Candace, still scared that she is now a vampire, visits Jeremy at the Slushy Dawg shop and asks if he knows where her brothers are. While she is there, the Slushy Dawg gets changed into an old world bratwurst house. Candace then flees the bratwurst house only to be chased by villagers. Perry destroys the Gimmelshtump-inator, changing the villagers back to marathoners and everything else to normal.
Candace hurries home then tells Phineas and Ferb that she thinks she is a vampire, and Phineas explains to her how their inventions caused her vampire symptoms. He then proceeds to take off her glasses and cloak. At first Candace is relieved that she is not a vampire, but she turns into dust and is blown away by the wind.
Read the transcript of The Curse of Candace.
A repeat of "Vampire Song", but missing the first and second lines.
|View the image gallery for "The Curse of Candace".|
The "Too Young" Line
In the movie Candace and Stacy are watching.
Jared: But Kristen, we were both moody outcasts. We- we loved each other.
Candace: Well, I can lift heavy objects, and I can levitate, and...and I can't see my reflection in the mirror.
Ferb: It sounds like a vampire to me.
Isabella: Hey, Phineas. What'cha doin'?
Phineas: Trying to pick something to do today. What's that?
I know what we're gonna do today!/Hey, where's Perry?
Phineas: Sure. Ferb, I know what we're...
Buford: Hey, how come you guys are making something special for her? What about me?
Oh, there you are, Perry
Perry's entrance to his lair
Perry is already in his lair and he sees Major Monogram playing "Jump and Duck".
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
Candace: Oh, look! He has no reflection in that mirror!
Jared: I can't see my hair!
Candace: Look, Stacy. He's cornered. Now he's really stuck.
Stacy: (referring to the purple goop her shoes are stuck in) Speaking of stuck, what's up with this floor?
Jared: We did and-- Wait a minute. Wasn't he just wearing a shirt?
Michael: You no longer drink the blood for those you love.
Lawrence watching television
Lawrence: Well, this isn't much of a horror movie. Where are the rock and roll musical numbers?
Major Monogram: (Playing Jump and Duck) Oh, Agent P, how long have you been sitting there? (chuckles) I guess I better get started. We've received a weird message from Dr. Doofenshmirtz this morning claiming that he will no longer seek to take over the Tri-State area. And he used a very unusual method for conveying his message. Carl?
Carl: He wrote a letter by hand, then put it in an envelope. And sent it through the regular mail, with a stamp and everything! Who does that? And it's scented. (sniffs) Mmm, Milbank Nights. One of the better perfumes to come out of South Dakota.
Phineas: I know what you mean Ferb. It does seem like more than one hundred and four days.
Stacy: Did Candace just jump over that fence?
Jeremy: You had to take her to the vampire movie, didn't you?
Beside expensive-looking sports car parked by the curb
Teenager 1: Yeah, my dad said I could drive it, just as long as I don't get a scratch on it.
Jeremy (With a Drusselstienian accent): Vat about your music box mitt ze tiny cowboy?
The car had been transformed back from a donkey right as it had thrown its front legs in the air, and flips over. The roof is smashed.
Teenager 2: Well, now it's scratched.
Phineas: Why would marathoners chase anyone? Except you know, three runners from Kenya.
Phineas: Ferb, we're gonna need a dustpan and some glue.
Doofenshmirtz: Curse you Perry the plat... (Gimmelshtump-inator reverses his bathroom from the lightbulb and bucket back to reality) Ohh, never mind!
- Phineas says "Who would marathoners be following anyway? Except, you know, three guys from Kenya", which is a nod to the fact that Kenyan athletes are among the fastest runners.
- This episode aired on Disney Channel On Demand on September 30, 2011.
- October 14, 2011 (Family Channel)
- October 15, 2011 (Disney XD Canada)
- October 27, 2011 (Disney Channel Latin America and Brazil)
- October 29, 2011 (Disney Channel Spain and Portugal)
- October 30, 2011 (Disney XD Spain)
- October 31, 2011 (Disney Channel Scandinavia)
- October 31, 2011 (Disney XD Italy)
- October 1, 2012 (Disney XD UK)
- October 9, 2012 (Disney XD Germany)
- October 19, 2012 (Disney Channel Asia)
- October 21, 2012 (Disney Channel Russia)
- October 23, 2012 (Disney XD Poland)
- When Stacy says "Speaking of 'stuck', what's up with this floor?", her nose looks like Candace's.
- Carl is able to smell the perfume on the letter, despite not having nostrils nor a sense of smell ("Ain't No Kiddie Ride"). The same error is also made in "Brain Drain".
- While Perry is approaching Doofenshmirtz's lab, the door on the balcony is colored in a way that makes it look like a wall.
- During one scene, a trap in which Perry is in is not visible.
- The rims of the sports car change after it is transformed into a donkey and changed back into a car.
- In the scene where Candace avoids sunlight during the song, Candace is hiding behind the fire hydrant. In the moment before she stands up, she disappears completely only to reappear in the next frame.
- When Candace knocks the front door of the house to avoid the villagers, Isabella's house is seen on the left side of the Flynn-Fletcher house. Normally, the Garcia-Shapiro house is across from the Flynn-Fletcher house. When the screen zooms on Candace, the house is placed correctly.
- After explaining Bambina's light and walking over to Baljeet, Phineas and Ferb throw their sunglasses, but the glasses disappear before they hit the ground.
- Candace mentions she's afraid of heights again ("S'Winter", "Bowl-R-Ama Drama", "The Doof Side of the Moon").
- Twilight - The vampire movie, Early Evening, parodies the popular supernatural romance franchise.
- True Blood - The actors who voice the characters of Jared and Kristen in the movie are Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin respectively, who have played similar roles to the Twilight spoof, a vampire and his lover.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Lawrence laments the lack of rock-and-roll musical numbers in the horror film he's watching, referencing the 1975 cult classic inspired by the similarly named musical.
- The Three Stooges - When Candace gets attacked by the bat and she drops to the floor and screams "Get it off me", she spins around on the floor like Curly from The Three Stooges.
- Jumper/Australia - When the bat attacks Candace, several movie posters can be seen in the background. One of them is for Leap, which parodies the title and cover art ofJumper. Another is for New Zealand, which parodies the title and cover art of Australia.
- Phineas remarks how it seems to be more than 104 days since the start of their summer, which is intended to poke fun at the show's nature and continuity.
- Candace is startled to see a steak, which may be because of the similarity between the words "steak" and "stake", the latter of which being a weapon used to kill vampires.
- In most of the times Candace is seen as a "vampire", especially in the last few seconds leading to her disintegration to dust, small bags can be seen underneath her eyes.
- Isabella's plant is named Bambina, which is not only a play on the word "bamboo", but it means "little girl" in Spanish.
- This is the eleventh episode with Candace's name in the title ("Lights, Candace, Action!", "Candace Loses Her Head", "Journey to the Center of Candace", "Oil on Candace", "Cheer Up Candace", "Candace's Big Day", "Candace Gets Busted", "Canderemy", "Run, Candace, Run", "Candace Disconnected").
- This is the second time someone says that an actor of a movie is cute, the first is Candace in "Invasion of the Ferb Snatchers".
- When Perry enters his lair, Major Monogram is playing "Jump and Duck" ("Gaming the System").
- Candace says "Get off me!" again ("Lights, Candace, Action!"). In a similar fashion, Carl screams when Major Monogram touches his ear while Carl is thinking of brown recluse spiders ("Bad Hair Day").
- This is the fourth time someone gets hit in the groin, and the third time it's Doofenshmirtz ("Cheer Up Candace", "Moon Farm", "My Fair Goalie").
- This is the second time Ferb tries to protect himself from Candace ("Greece Lightning").
- Tiny Cowboy is mentioned again ("Robot Rodeo", "Meatloaf Surprise").
- The boys of the song "Flawless Girl" appear again ("Attack of the 50 Foot Sister").
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz traps Perry's feet on the floor again ("The Flying Fishmonger").
- The Slushy Dawg restaurant appears again ("The Bully Code").
- "Kronk for Hire" is heard again.
- South Dakota is mentioned again ("Bullseye!").
- This is the third time Major Monogram plays a video game ("That Sinking Feeling", "Finding Mary McGuffin").
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Kelly Hu as Stacy
- Jack McBrayer as Irving
- Michael Douglas as Waylon ♦
- Dylan Douglas as Russell ♦
- April Winchell as Mona ♦
- Michael J. Fox as Michael
- Anna Paquin as Kristen
- Stephen Moyer as Jared
- Additional Voices: April Winchell, Chad Marshall, Danny Jacobs, Dee Bradley Baker, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Kelli Gates, Maulik Pancholy, Sophie Winkleman, Tom Kenny
"That's the Spirit"
"Escape from Phineas Tower"
"That's the Spirit"