Spot the Diff, or Change-inator-inator, is the name given to a special two-hour Phineas and Ferb mini-marathon, first aired on Disney Channel US in 2008. The marathon is based around a scenario in which Dr. Doofenshmirtz has made an invention he calls the Change-inator-inator, with which he can make various changes, particularly visual ones, to certain episodes of the show. The changes are shown through specially-made promotional spots airing between each episode, with redubbed animation from "The Fast and the Phineas". As a challenge, the viewer watches the four selected episodes and their modified counterparts while keeping track of which changes are made as part of a tie-in at the official websites.
- US: August 8, 2008 at 8 p.m. (08/08/08 at 8)
- US re-broadcast: March 21, 2009 at 8 p.m.
- UK: November 14, 2008 at 4 p.m. with a repeat at 7 a.m. on November 16, 2008
- Australia: November 15, 2008 at 10 a.m.
- Spain: December 8, 2008 at 3:50 p.m.
- Asia: January 26, 2009 at 10 a.m.(MAL/PHIL)
- Asia re-broadcast: April 1, 2009 at 4:30 p.m.(MAL/PHIL)
- Germany: April 24, 2009 at 1 p.m. and April 25, 2009 at 9 a.m. (UTC + 1) (Disney Channel)
- Germany: April 24, 2009 at 3 p.m. and April 25, 2009 at 11 a.m. (UTC + 1) (Toon Disney)
- Netherlands: 4 and 5 April 2009 at 9 p.m (Jetix)
- Latin America: January 21, 2010 at 4 p.m.
- Brazil: January 21, 2010 at 5:30 pm.
- Canada: August 6, 2013 at 7:30pm (Disney XD Canada)
Visitors to the Disney Channel official websites in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia and the Disney XD website in Canada can access a page where they can download a score card and play a game called "Spot the Diff". Shortly after both broadcasts of the marathon in the US, all but the game were removed from the US site.
The score card is a downloadable PDF file consisting of eight pages and listing all the changes made in the four episodes, along with some changes not actually made in the episodes. Each potential change listed on the scorecard is accompanied by the answers "Yes" and "No" for the person to circle as they watched the "Change-inated" episodes. The score card is available on the three websites listed below. A copy of the original US score card can be viewed at File:Phineas and Ferb Spot the Diff score card.pdf. (The only difference between all of the score cards is the website address printed on each card.)
The "Spot the Diff" game involves trying to identify 8 differences between pairs of pictures within a time limit.
After watching the marathon, the player can go back to the website and take a "True or False"-type quiz on each of the episodes, with the correct answers applying "Yes" to any change that was actually made and "No" to the ones that weren't. If the player can answer eight questions correctly for each episode, they will have access to free downloadable items.
- US (August 2008 broadcast): Phineas/Ferb buddy icon, Agent P/Doofenshmirtz buddy icon, Spot the Diff wallpaper in three sizes, (unknown item)*. Answering all four quizzes correctly allowed access to the then-unaired episodes "Put That Putter Away" and "Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat?" (which aired on Disney Channel US on August 10, 2008). These items were no longer available on the US website after mid-August 2008.
- US (March 2009 broadcast): Phineas/Ferb buddy icon, Agent P/Doofenshmirtz buddy icon, Spot the Diff wallpaper in three sizes, (unknown item)*. Answering all four quizzes correctly allowed access to the then-unaired (for Disney Channel US) episode "The Lake Nose Monster". (This episode premiered February 19, 2009 on on Disney XD.)
- UK: Phineas/Ferb buddy icon, Spot the Diff wallpaper in three sizes, access to "Candace's Quiz" game**, access to "Agent P's Hideout: Spy Simulation" game**.
- Australia: Phineas/Ferb buddy icon, Agent P/Doofenshmirtz buddy icon, Spot the Diff wallpaper in three sizes, access to the unaired (for Australia) episode "Out to Launch".
- Information on what this item was was not retained.
- These games are accessible from the main Phineas and Ferb pages at the US and Australian web sites without having to be unlocked.
- Information on what this item was was not retained.
- Germany: Phineas/Ferb buddy icon, Perry & Monogram wallpaper, Spot the Diff wallpaper, access to "Spot the Diff" game
- The Netherlands Phineas/Ferb Buddy icon, Agent P/Doofenshmirtz, Spot the Diff wallpaper, and the (for the Netherlands) unaired episode "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!"
- Canada: Not known at this time.
Spot the Diff Score Card Download
|Original episode title||Change-inated episode title|
|"The Fast and the Phineas"||"The Fast and the Ferbulous: Danville Drift"|
|"Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror"||"Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Error!"|
|"It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World"||"It's a Mud World After All"|
|"Toy to the World"||"Toy to You and Me"|
Differences by episode
"The Fast and the Ferbulous: Danville Drift"
- When Phineas says "I know what we're gonna do today!", the radio has been changed to The Bettys radio.
- Ferb looks to the right instead of the left.
- The photo on Candace's phone is different.
- Perry pops up in the car with Phineas and Ferb.
- A family portrait appears and hangs on the wall in the kitchen, then disappears.
- A dark grey knight is placed behind Phineas.
- A flamingo is placed on the front lawn.
- Isabella peeks out the door while her mother is greeting Candace.
- The lady to the right of Linda cards switched.
- In place of the boys' hair being switched around, Ferb has an afro and Phineas wears star glasses and a hat, the same wore in "History of Rock".
- The trash can turns lime green.
- Perry's entrance in this episode is switched with the one from "Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror".
- Perry flies out of a rock.
- The other race cars are turquoise blue, except for mom's car.
- A Brick billboard is above the bleachers.
- The Povenlube sign is behind Isabella.
- A PFT poster hangs on the wall above the stadium tunnel.
- The man behind Jeremy is wearing a Love Händel T-shirt.
- The boy sipping his cup ("Greece Lightning") briefly appears and sitting next to Jeremy.
- A lawn gnome with a red hat is in the booth.
- Phineas is playing the guitar in the photo on the screen.
- While Phineas is being interviewed, Baljeet is standing next to Ferb.
- The head silhouette on the TV is replaced with a pelican silhouette.
- Isabella peeks from behind the chair when Linda Flynn says "Candace, this is a dandruff commercial."
- A "Made in Korea" sticker is taped to the side of Doofenshmirtz's blimp.
- A view of Jefferson Motor County Speedway is different in Doofensmirtz’s monitor.
- A monster truck has been added to the starting line of cars.
- The PFT building is in the background when Candace bikes out of the stadium.
- A black and white cow runs past Phineas.
- The Doofenshmirtz's blimp is added behind Ferb.
- "Team Phineas" is written on the wall behind Isabella.
- The number on the car is 24 when Isabella says "That helmet looks so manly."
- The logo on Doofenshmirtz's blimp is backwards when he says "Listen to those fools."
- The racetrack is replaced with the roller rink from "Crack That Whip"
- Phineas' guitar is bright yellow.
- A photo of Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Vanessa from "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together" is on the fridge door.
- A hot pink starburst background is used in the close-up on Doofenshmirtz (Possibly to add craziness!).
- Doofenshmirtz's Deflate-inator ray is orange instead of green.
- Baljeet's house appears in place of Isabella's.
- A picture of Pinky hangs on the wall.
- Fifi appears with a video camera at the winner's circle.
- A roller coaster poster from "Rollercoaster" is on the center car wash window.
- The PFT building is behind Perry.
- Perry walks in the opposite direction in front of the car.
- Isabella sticks her head out from the doorway.
"Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Error!"
- Perry is in the sandbox.
- Perry's entrance in this episode is switched with that from "The Fast and the Phineas".
- There is a circle pattern background behind Major Monogram.
- The gnome wears a yellow cap.
- Doofenshmirtz's blimp flies over the house.
- Gaston Le Mode appears saying "Aren't you a little young to be a landscape contractor?"
- Immediately after bringing in the dolphin, Phineas and Ferb, wearing their regular outfits and without walking back the other way first, walk by again with plumbing supplies.
- Baljeet, wearing red overalls, is standing by the Fireside Girls.
- Many birds are flying around at the beach.
- Jenny is colored as a blonde with a bright green hat when she and Stacy arrive. (She returns to her normal color scheme when Candace is crowned Queen Wahini of the Beach.)
- When disguised as a lawn gnome, Perry's hat is purple (though it's briefly red again when Doofenshmirtz picks him up).
- Some of the gnomes on the conveyor belt are Shimmy Jimmy dolls.
- Slushy the Clown is in the garage.
- The TV plays the Gitchee Gitchee Goo (Flop Starz version, obviously) video when Doofenshmirtz first turns it on.
- Moai statues have been added to the stage.
- Vanessa is dancing in the background.
- The dinosaur water slide from "The Best Lazy Day Ever" can be seen in the zoomed out shot.
- Herman the Hedgehog hits Candace on her head and lands on the ground beside her.
- A Scottish band appears behind Candace after she wins the limbo contest.
- Doofenshmirtz is added to the "Say!" pose in the "Backyard Beach" song and he is seen with his hat from "My Goody Two-Shoes Brother".
- The ski hut is replaced with a Mr. Slushy Burger hut.
- The tikis in the background are replaced with gnomes.
- D.D. from "S'winter" is next to the game machine dressed in his S'winter clothes and skis.
- Candace appears in place of the kid flailing on the surfboard.
- Phineas plays the guitar and dances in the background.
- The last shot of Ferb singing the song has its background replaced with Mount Rushmore.
- Perry the Inaction Figures are in the gnome wagon.
- The PFT poster is behind Doofenshmirtz.
- The score cards say 2, 4, and ½.
- Phineas's hologram has a "Hi Mom" card.
- Phineas's surfboard turns green with a red stripe when he surfs over the crowd.
- Lawrence walks behind the judges with a metal detector.
- Hearts and stars are added to the background of the slow dance scene.
- Linda and Lawrence slow dance in the background.
- Buford's chariot from "Greece Lightning" rides past Linda's car window.
- The cow pyramid from "The Magnificent Few" is in the background.
- The giant squid from "Voyage to the Bottom of Buford" appears behind Jeremy.
- Doof's Destruct-inator says "Doofsux" instead of "D.E. inc."
- Baljeet appears in the background behind Isabella.
- Norm runs towards the camera,smashing the screen, wearing the ox head from Greece Lightning, during "Gnomeageddon".
- Kim Possible appears between Perry and Doofenshmirtz right when the lair floods.
- A skiing cow and a cow on a bicycle go past the lifeguard stand and get sucked into the whirlpool.
- A lawn gnome stands behind Candace when she starts begging.
- Baljeet is waving in the crowd when the boys close up the beach as in One Good Scare.
- The roller coaster poster is on the wall of the Flynn-Fletcher house.
- In the last scene of the episode, Isabella's swimsuit is yellow instead of red.
- The pattern and bow on Phineas' swim-trunks are gone.
"It's a Mud World After All"
- A lawn gnome appears on the establishing shot.
- Perry is in the background when the race finishes.
- Stacy calls from a cow shop.
- Doofenshmirtz's blimp passes outside the window of the car.
- The trash cans are hot pink.
- A Phinedroid and Ferbot are leaning against the washer and dryer.
- Peter the Panda and Agent C are in the background as Perry slides down.
- Candace's hallucination background (as seen in "The Ballad of Badbeard") is behind Major Monogram.
- The logos for PFT, Bust 'Em, and the Betty's are on the delivery trucks, and the choir from "The Flying Fishmonger" are in the bleachers.
- A photo of the Flying Fishmonger is in the background.
- Danny and Swampy are in Lawrence's paintings.
- A Shimmy Jimmy doll is on the floor.
- Perry crawls by the monster truck.
- Carl the Intern can be seen in Linda's cooking class.
- The Eiffel Tower painting is replaced with the tower of cows.
- The cows from "The Magnificent Few" pass by the monster truck.
- Betty Jo Flynn skates by.
- The monster truck rally building is replaced with the roller skate derby from "Crack That Whip" in one scene.
- Norm is standing on the balcony of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.
- Slushy the Clown is in the background near Doofenshmirtz's monster trucks.
- The Brick billboard can be seen behind the Monster Truck Away-Inator.
- The background of the baby alien's room is a space background.
- A soap opera scene plays on the fake Locat-i-nator's screen.
- The Love Händel logo appears on the real Locat-i-nator's screen.
- A castle is placed behind Isabella and the announcer.
- Clyde Flynn is in the booth with Phineas and Ferb.
- The Doofenshmirtz blimp passes by again as Candace climbs the dirt mountain.
- A bird hits the dirt mountain.
- Buford and Baljeet, the latter in his fish costume from "The Flying Fishmonger", are on the street corner.
- The Fireside Girls stand on the lawn as Doofenshmirtz looks for a parking space.
- 42 is seen in the parking lot when Doofenshmirtz drives down Maple Drive.
- The pig is lime green.
- Baljeet and Baliwood dance in the background.
- The Model T from "The Fast and the Phineas" drives by.
- Ferb's hat is red and Phineas's hat is yellow (When Phineas says "Perfect!" his hat is red and Ferb's hat is yellow.).
- A cow on a bicycle and a cow on skis fly above the car.
- A shot of Linda playing guitar replaces Phineas doing so.
- The monster is changed to blue.
- The helicopter from "Rollercoaster" lifts up the roller coaster behind the bleachers.
- Phineas's microphone is replaced with an older one.
- The joust crowd from "A Hard Day's Knight", including Winifred Fletcher, is in the crowd.
- When Doofenshmirtz looks through his periscope, we see a London taxi pulling the Fishmonger followed by the Hounds of Heck.
- Biff is now in the tank.
- The jag car is yellow.
- Isabella looks over the fence.
"Toy to You and Me"
- A hyena is sitting on the shelf. Soon afterwards, a small display of Slushy the Clown is on the top shelf, then a beach ball.
- The Har D Har Toy Company logo is on Linda's shopping bag, and Baljeet is standing and waving behind Perry, then leans in from the left a few shots later.
- The Giant floating baby head appears on the top shelf for a few seconds, replacing a Shimmy Jimmy toy.
- Ferb skates in from the left as Phineas makes the toy plans, wearing his skating gear from "Crack That Whip" instead of a welder's outfit, and water splashes when he reaches the right instead of fire.
- Doofenshmirtz's photo appears in place of the first photo shown by Major Monogram, and the subsequent photos take up the background behind him.
- Baljeet pops out from behind the man seated next to the president.
- The secretary is wearing a big red hat.
- The "Ascending Brendan" poster is replaced with the PFT poster.
- Baljeet and Isabella appear inside the mouth of the monkey on the conveyor belt.
- When the workers discuss the outfits the black skinned worker has an ice cream cone.
- The Ba-dink-a-dinks have yellow skin.
- The secretary dresses as a clown.
- A sixth truck is added to the driveway.
- The claws carrying the bricks are yellow.
- Doofenshmirtz's model has the PFT poster on the center building.
- The backgrounds are different in the Perry the Inaction Figure commercial.
- The Animal Control logo is on the side of the truck.
- The "Gravy" logo is on the wall of the factory as Doofenshmirtz goes down the conveyor belt.
- Lawn gnomes are in the trash with Perry.
- Perry uses a hand-held helicopter.
- A Sandwich Town bag sits on the coffee table.
- In South East Asia, Spot the Diff episodes may sometimes show along with normal episodes.
- On March 21, 2009, Disney Channel reaired all four Spot the Diff episodes with "The Lake Nose Monster" unlockable as the never before seen episode online.
- A sequel of this episode (Toonin' To Go Doofin') was shown in July 23, 2011. In this sequel, the viewers must try to find as many oddly placed Doofenshmirtz as possible.
- Originally Out to Launch was going to be a Spot the Diff episode.
- The Fast and the Ferbulous: Danville Drift is a reference of the third movie of Fast and Furious series, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- It's a Mud World After All is a reference to the song "It's a Small World (After All)".
- Toy to You and Me is a reference to a line in the Hoyt Axton song "Joy to the World", made famous by Three Dog Night.
- One Saturday Morning - Back in January 2000, Disney's One Saturday Morning on ABC also ran a Spot the Diff promotion with three of their shows. Unlike the Phineas and Ferb version, this version instead aired new episodes of each show with very noticeable animation errors (put in on purpose) on the main characters, instead of altering previous episodes.