|“||Skiddley Whiffers is too easy, I need to move on to a bigger challenge.||”|
— Candace Flynn
Phineas, Ferb and the gang build a giant version of a childhood game, using Danville as the central location. Meanwhile, Candace, torn between busting her brothers and playing the fun game, ends up playing along with them so that she can carry on her title of "Skiddley Whiffers Queen." On the other side of town, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is trying to deal with Vanessa growing up and wanting to be a typical teenager. He drops her off on a camping trip with her friends, but can't cope with leaving her alone, so he disguises himself as a fellow camper, and along with Agent P's help, tries to protect her.
In the meantime, Major Monogram and Carl celebrate Perry's 999th entry into the lair. Monogram informs Perry that Dr. Doofenshmirtz went to Danville National Park. Doofenshmirtz is revealed to have taken his daughter and her friends camping in the forest. He is not, however, very keen on leaving his little girl alone, even though Vanessa keeps telling him that she is sixteen, which is almost adult. Eventually, he complies and leaves.
Phineas and Ferb present Isabella, Baljeet, and Buford their newest Big Idea, giant Skiddley Whiffers pieces that are to be used by everybody to move around Danville; the distance to be measured on the basis of the results of rolling an electronic die. Candace decides to join them in playing, even though at first she wants to bust them.
At the same time, Doofenshmirtz, disguised as an expert on survival in the wild comes to the youngsters' camp. He gets on to reviewing the camp's safety conditions, finding fault with several things. He goes back to his minivan for some life vests.
The gang continues moving around Danville, enjoying all the attractions the game provides.
Perry the Platypus finds Dr. Doofenshmirtz who explains to him that he has not prepared any scheme because he needs to protect his daughter. He remembers himself being chased by a swarm of bees while camping, back in Gimmelshtump, due to which he rolls down a cliff and a hydrant gets inside his leg. Eventually, Perry agrees to help him. Doofenshmirtz returns to the camp and continues protecting his daughter and her friends from all imaginable threats. After a while, Perry comes out of the woods, disguised as a bear. Vanessa is disappointed in Perry for participating in her father's idea. Heinz admits his over-cautiousness and leaves with Perry. The almanac he throws away while leaving hits a hive that hangs from a tree and causes it to collapse, thus unleashing a swarm of angry bees.
The gang is at the closing stage of the game, but Candace is left behind. She decides not to give up and demands that she be given the die. When she rolls it, she is declared the winner.
Back at the camp, Dr. Doofenshmirtz confides his parental problems to Perry when he hears Vanessa scream. She and her three friends are afraid and they all admit they are allergic to bees. Heinz rushes to save them by pouring all the honey from the hive onto him and jumping into the lake, thus distracting the bees' attention from the teens.
Candace boasts of her victory and rushes to Linda to bust her brothers. She, however, trips over a bell and accidentally sets the electronic die on "All move", thus making all the game pieces leave the backyard. Linda asks Phineas what they were up to all day, and he says that they were playing "Skiddley Whiffers" with Candace, who admits that she enjoyed it.
Read the transcript of Skiddley Whiffers.
|View the image gallery for "Skiddley Whiffers".|
I know what we're gonna do today/Hey, where's Perry?
Phineas: A bigger challenge? Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today! Hey, Where's Perry?
The "Too Young" Line
Johnny: Wow. Your dad is totally psychotic.
Vanessa: Yes. Yes, he is.
Isabella catches the die, which lands on "Share a Turn". She flies with some balloons to Phineas.
Oh, there you are, Perry
Perry's entrance to his lair
Perry walks into a music room. He plays a few notes of his theme song on a bass, opening a hatch under an amplifier. Perry falls through the hatch into a decorated lair, celebrating his 999th lair entrance.
Doofenshmirtz's mini bus camping van!
Mistaking Doofenshmirtz for a pharmacist
Johnny: (to Vanessa) Wait, I thought your dad was a pharmacist.
Phineas: I suppose you're wondering why I called all of you here today.
Buford: Yeah, actually, we were.
Doofenshmirtz: I still have a hydrant stuck in my leg, see? I'd have it removed, but the doctor said it's too close to an artery to operate.
Candace: (runs out) Alright! Nobody move! You two! You think you can just make giant...thingys for all the world to see? Well, no, sir! I'm gonna put the bust on you, but good. (runs off) Mom! Mom! Mom! Phineas and Ferb are making some giant—
Phineas: (over) So in this giant version of the classic game Skiddley Whiffers...
Phineas: I claim the fedora, and Ferb picks the nose! (rim-shot)
Baljeet sits angrily on the yellow unicorn
Doofenshmirtz: You know, fire is the leading cause of fire.
Vanessa: Anybody else allergic to bees?
Candace: Now toss me that dice.
Baljeet: (angrily) The singular is "die"!
Candace: Mom, mom, mom! Here, look what Phineas and Ferb built!
Linda: You're right, Candace. Call the authorities, it's a cube.
Doofenshmirtz: (Walking away sad with Perry) C'mon Perry the Platypus. Maybe there's still time for a scheme. I won't even trap you. You can just start punching me up right away.
Johnny: Wait! I thought your dad was a pharmacist.
Vanessa: seeing through Doofenshmirtz's obvious disguise Uh, hey there, strange man I've never met. What brings you to this campsite? And how soon can you leave?
- The pieces each character chooses are as follows:
- Phineas: Fedora
- Ferb: Nose
- Isabella: Hairdryer
- Baljeet: Unicorn
- Buford: Truck
- Candace: Sneaker
- This episode aired on Disney Channel On Demand on August 19, 2011.
- September 30, 2011 (Family Channel)
- October 13, 2011 (Disney XD, UK)
- November 3, 2011 (Disney XD Germany)
- November 14, 2011 (Disney Channel Latin America)
- December 14, 2011 (Disney Channel Scandinavia)
- February 5, 2012 (Disney Channel Asia)
- February 12, 2012 (Disney XD Netherlands)
- March 31, 2012 (Disney XD Spain)
- April 5, 2012 (Disney Channel Portugal and Spain)
- As the beehive falls, it breaks in half, but when Doofenshmirtz takes the beehive to save Vanessa it is not broken.
- The national park road is seen without markings at first, but when disguised Doofenshmirtz approaches Vanessa's gang, the road markings are present.
- After Candace says "Yes, yes I did", a dark mark appears on the sky right next to her head.
- When Isabella says "Booyah!", her mouth becomes transparent.
- Phineas and Ferb present the giant rides on the right side of the tree. When Candace scolds them, the rides are gone, and when the gang starts to choose their respective rides, the rides are placed farther from the tree.
- Before Candace receives the die after Baljeet throws it to her, Candace appears in front of a hose. However, before she throws it, she is seen on the corner of the sidewalk.
- Just before Doofenshmirtz throws the almanac, a tree in the background phases in front of his mouth for a frame.
- Lacie's earring switches ears a few times.
- As Vanessa is finishing her rant at Perry and Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Lacie has eyelashes and heavy eyebrows.
- When Candace enters the kitchen, she runs from the right, but the kitchen entrance is on the left.
- Doofenshmirtz mentions being raised by ocelots again ("The Chronicles of Meap", Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension).
- Monopoly - Skiddley Whiffers is a parody of board games, most notably Monopoly.
- Wham-O - The name Whiff-O, the company that makes Skiddley Whiffers, bears a strong resemblance to Wham-O, the real-life company that makes classic toys such as the Frisbee and the Hula hoop.
- This episode reveals several things:
- Vanessa and her friends are all allergic to bee stings.
- Candace is a fan of Skiddley Whiffers and is very good at it.
- Phineas' third favorite number is five.
- Ferb has lived with Phineas and Candace for at least six years.
- Perry has entered his lair 999 times.
- Doofenshmirtz always sees Vanessa as a child.
- The Tri State Area has an almanac that was released in 1972.
- This is the first time Vanessa says the "Too Young" line. She did it twice in the episode.
- This is the first time Vanessa's voice as a child is heard.
- When Doofenshmirtz reveals the fire hydrant logged in his leg, his underwear can be seen.
- This is the sixteeneth episode in which Perry doesn't battle Doofenshmirtz ("Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!", "Traffic Cam Caper", "Put That Putter Away", "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein", "Oil on Candace", "Unfair Science Fair Redux (Another Story)", "Tip of the Day", "Thaddeus and Thor", "Oh, There You Are, Perry", "Undercover Carl", "I Was a Middle Aged Robot", "Nerds of a Feather", "Split Personality", "Run, Candace, Run", "Candace Disconnected").
- This is the third time Vanessa is seen as a child ("Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together", "Finding Mary McGuffin").
- This is the second time Doofenshmirtz gets covered in honey, only this time it's voluntarily ("Bad Hair Day").
- Candace ruins Doofenshmirtz's invention again ("Ain't No Kiddie Ride").
- This is the second time Perry saves Doofenshmirtz from water ("Split Personality").
- This is the second time Doofenshmirtz is seen with an allergic reaction ("Atlantis").
- This is the second time Perry is seen playing the bass (Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension).
- This is the second time someone "picks the nose" ("The Lake Nose Monster").
- Major Monogram and Carl have a party for Perry again ("Bubble Boys", "Misperceived Monotreme").
- This is the third time an episode starts with an advertisement ("Toy to the World", "Attack of the 50 Foot Sister").
- This is the third time Agent P helps Doofenshimrtz in a project involving his daughter Vanessa ("Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together", "Brain Drain").
- The song "Kronk for Hire" plays again ("It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World", "Mom's Birthday", etc.).
- This is the sixth episode with a big idea based on a game, puzzle, or activity ("Bowl-R-Ama Drama", "We Call it Maze", "Brain Drain", "Got Game?", "Let's Take a Quiz").
- The unicorn is similar to the one Isabella is on in "Ain't No Kiddie Ride" and Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, but in yellow.
- Candace's music room is seen again ("Mom's Birthday").
- This is the first time Lacie speaks.
- This is the fifth time Doofenshmirtz can recognize Perry without his hat ("I Scream, You Scream", "Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!", "It's About Time!", "Oil on Candace").
- This is the second time Candace crosses paths with Doofenshmirtz and Perry without seeing them ("Ain't No Kiddie Ride").
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Tyler Mann as Carl
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Olivia Olson as Vanessa
- Logan Miller as Johnny
- Greg LeMond as Himself ♦
- Additional Voices: Dan Povenmire, Dee Bradley Baker, Diamond White, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh
- ♦ designates a character that did not appear in this episode
"Tour de Ferb"
"My Fair Goalie"