|“||Yes, and I hope to follow my father's footsteps and join you on the battle against evil.||”|
— Monty Monogram
With Fall around the corner, Phineas and Ferb decide to invent "S'Fall," a colorful world full of giant leaf piles and gourds. Meanwhile, over at Evil Inc., Dr. Doofenshmirtz is mentoring Rodrigo, a budding student of evil. Unfortunately, Rodrigo truly is evil, and when he captures Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Agent P, it's up to Major Monogram's son, Monty, to save the day.
Phineas says that summer seems to be going very fast, and Isabella states that fall starts shortly. Baljeet cheers because of school arriving, but realizes quickly that the others were commenting negatively. Phineas thinks that fall has good qualities and knows what they are going to do today. Phineas remembers when they made S'Winter, so they start making S'Fall.
In Perry's lair, Major Monogram tells Carl that he is the son he never had. Carl happily questions him and Monogram says that it's because Carl is nothing like the son he already has. Then Monty Monogram enters the screen and salutes Agent P, who he had already met off-screen. Monogram proudly says his son has graduated from the High School Without a Cool Acronym, and Monty waits to fight evil like his father, although Monogram explains to him that he always wanted to be an acrobat. Carl says he'd be willing to be an acrobat to impress Monogram. As they walk off screen, Monogram tells Agent P to go stop Doofenshmirtz.
At Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, Vanessa finishes a fight with her boyfriend Johnny over the phone, and sees her father with Rodrigo, a student at evil science school whom Doofenshmirtz is mentoring in the art of evil. Immediately after being introduced to Vanessa, Rodrigo begins flirting with her, to which Vanessa responds positively to. Heinz, noticing something wrong with his daughter, asks what's wrong with her. After Vanessa explains her breakup, Doofenshmirtz remarks that she must stop going for the bad boy types. A touched Vanessa responds by saying that Heinz is evil himself, though her father explains that there is good evil and bad evil. Rodrigo cheers Vanessa up by making a face at her while she is hugging her father.
Back at Phineas and Ferb's backyard, Baljeet wonders how they're supposed to get the leaves down. Buford hands him one handle of a two-man saw, and tells Baljeet to cut down the tree in the yard. Isabella stops them from doing it, because the tree had been the starting point of all their adventures that summer. Phineas takes the opportunity to showcase their newest invention, a rapid leaf production accelerator. The accelerator is a device that ages the leaves on a sapling tree so that they change color and fall off, making way for new leaves, all in a few seconds. Ferb lets the machine go wild, filling the yard with leaves within minutes. Meanwhile, Candace is talking to Stacy on the phone, when she sees the leaves pressing up to the sliding door. Thinking that Phineas and Ferb had covered the door in leaves to prevent her from seeing what they were building, she tears the door open, only to see that the leaves are forming a wall against the door. She then digs her way into the giant leaf pile.
Doofenshmirtz is giving a lecture to Rodrigo on the value of a villain's backstory, breaking off and throwing his pointing rod in the process. Vanessa asks to have the roof of the building put down. While Vanessa rains compliments on her father, Heinz interrupts to say that she will not be getting a tattoo, which was what Vanessa was working up to. As soon as the roof is retracted, Agent P para-glides in, only to be trapped inside a boot modeled off of Vanessa's fashion. Rodrigo protests that Agent P would easily escape from the trap, but Doofenshmirtz explains that the trap only needs to hold Agent P until the end of his monologue. Willing to prove himself, Rodrigo volunteers to demonstrate his own trap-making abilities. While he constructs a new trap, Rodrigo reveals to Perry that he plans on getting rid of both Agent P and Dr. Doofenshmirtz, much to Agent P's shock.
In a balloon rising over the leaf pile, Phineas explains that the sweet spot for jumping in the pile is right at the top, and Buford passes out his hand-made gourd helmets. The kids then jump into the leaf pile, which actually seems to be hollow on the inside, and has a giant slide. Candace digs out to the other side, and wonders what the boys are doing today, convinced that they're hiding their project inside the leaf pile.
With Agent P's new trap constructed, Doofenshmirtz asks how he feels, and seems to respond to Agent P's miming and chatters. Agent P presses an emergency alert button on his watch. At O.W.C.A. Headquarters, Monty sees the emergency alert, but his father and Carl are too busy doing acrobatics to notice, so Monty takes matters into his own hands, and runs over to Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.
Doofenshmirtz then unveils his latest plan: he has installed two gigantic propellers in opposite sides of the Tri-State Area, planning to use them to lift the Tri-State Area up into the air and hold it ransom until he is declared its leader. Heinz then activates the controls to the propellers, which suddenly raise the entire Tri-State Area into the air as planned. Impressed by this, Rodrigo reveals his true colors by using a special hidden trap to bind Doofenshmirtz's legs. Vanessa attempts to help her father, but discovers her right boot-trap is secured to the floor.
Rodrigo explains that he's going to maneuver the propellers into separate angles that will tear the Tri-State Area apart, and that he plans to exploit the cataclysm in order to achieve his true goal to rule the world. Rodrigo asks Vanessa to rule the world at his side, but she angrily refuses. Unperturbed, Rodrigo proceeds with his plan to destroy the Tri-State Area, only to be tackled to the ground by Monty. Monty then uses the pointing rod and some spare rope to make a trapeze over the propeller control tower, easily knocking Rodrigo around. Agent P uses his communication watch to show Major Monogram how his son uses acrobatics to fight evil, and Vanessa frees Agent P from the trap.
Phineas, Ferb, Isabella, Baljeet, and Buford are sitting in the leaf pile, eating candy apples, when Candace slides down towards them screaming. Candace announces that she has busted them for sure this time, but realizes that sitting down eating candy apples isn't something she can bust them for.
While Monty defeats Rodrigo, Doofenshmirtz frees himself from his own trap and proceeds to carry out his own plan, carrying the Tri-State Area up, but Agent P swiftly thwarts him, and the Tri-State Area slams down to the ground, causing the kids' leaf pile to spread out among the neighborhood. When Candace goes inside to get Linda to look outside, one of the propellers falls over, fanning the leaves away. Afterwards, Linda notices that the kids already have their own snacks, and says that her work there is done.
Monty finishes tying up Rodrigo, and tells Agent P that he can take it from there, as Agent P finishes restraining Doofenshmirtz. Vanessa then says that she wants to try a good guy, as she stares at Monty flying away on his jet pack.
Read the transcript of Minor Monogram.
A repeat of "S'Fall".
|View the image gallery for "Minor Monogram".|
The "Too Young" Line
Ferb: Well, who's up for sprummer?
I know what we're gonna do today!/Hey, where's Perry?
Phineas: I know what we're gonna do today! Remember how we made S'Winter? Let's make S'Fall! Hey, where's S'Perry?
Oh, there you are, Perry
Perry's entrance to his lair
Vanessa: A video game is more important than me? That's it! I'm done! We are so over, Johnny!
Vanessa: Hey, guys, it's such a beautiful day. I thought maybe we could put the top down?
Doofenshmirtz: Oh, okay.
Phineas: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to S'Fall!
Monty: Uh, Dad? This looks pretty serious.
(Major Monogram and Carl are doing acrobatics. Both of them do not notice the alarm and are too focused on doing acrobatics.)
Doofenshmirtz: Hmm. Well, that went well.
Rodrigo: Extremely well. (He pushes a button that activates a hidden trap that immobilizes Dr. Doofenshmirtz.)
Vanessa: Dad, look out! (She tries to help Dr. Doofenshmirtz but couldn't because she is wearing Perry's initial trap, which is the boot-like trap.) Oh, you have got to be kidding me!
Rodrigo: (Explains his plan using the blackboard that Dr. Doofenshmirtz used earlier.) You see, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, I'm going to manipulate your propellers at precise angles and literally tear the Tri-State Area apart!
- The breakup between Vanessa and Johnny happens because the latter thinks video games are more important than Vanessa.
- This is the first episode in which Vanessa shows affection for Monty. It would later become a plot point for other episodes, beginning with "Sipping with the Enemy".
- This episode was paired with "Agent Doof" when it premiered on Disney Channel US.
- This is the last episode to have the "Walt Disney Television Animation" end logo.
- This is the last episode to be directed by Dan Povenmire.
- March 10, 2012 (Canal 13 Chile)
- May 12, 2012 (Disney Channel Japan)
- May 22, 2012 (Disney XD UK)
- June 8, 2012 (Disney Channel Asia)
- August 14, 2012 (Disney Channel Latin American and Brazil)
- September 16, 2012 (Disney XD Poland)
- September 22, 2012 (Disney Channel Portugal)
- September 23, 2012 (Disney XD Spain)
- December 9, 2012 (Disney XD Latin America)
- January 1, 2013 (Disney XD Canada)
- January 6, 2013 (Disney Channel Poland)
- When the gang is clapping, Buford's skull on his shirt is missing.
- When Major Monogram is about to tell Monty something, Carl can be seen walking up on the right of the screen. He disappears in the next shot.
- While the gang is eating candy apples inside the giant pile of leaves, Phineas and Ferb's shoe soles disappear.
- When the Tri-State Area is placed back into its spot in the ground, Isabella's hair is out of the gourd hat. When Linda arrives, her hair is back in the gourd hat.
- When Perry is about to stare in shock due to Vanessa starting to like Monty, Vanessa's right hand noticeably has five fingers when she should actually have four.
- Doofenshmirtz opens the top of his building by pushing a button on the wall, but in Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the Second Dimension, his 2nd Dimension counterpart opens it with a lever.
- S'Winter is mentioned again ("S'Winter").
- A snippet of this episode is seen in the "Phinabella" montage in "Last Day of Summer".
- The Empire Strikes Back / Attack of the Clones - Rodrigo approaches Vanessa saying, "Join me, Vanessa, and together we will take over the world. I'll let you get a tattoo! I think boots should come in pairs... like people!" before offering his hand as a gesture of alliance, similar to how Darth Vader and Count Dooku asked Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, respectively, to join them in overthrowing their masters in evil conquest.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Monty Monogram.
- This episode reveals several things:
- Perry has already met Monty offscreen.
- Buford likes gourds.
- Vanessa wants a tattoo.
- Despite her disdain in being involved with her father's schemes, Vanessa admits that she finds her father's plot to raise the Tri-State Area from the face of the Earth and hold it for ransom to be cool.
- This is the first episode to have very few running gags.
- This is the second time two different seasons are combined ("S'Winter").
- This is one of the few episodes where Perry is seen smiling ("Tip of the Day", "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", "I, Brobot", "Candace Disconnected", "Oil on Candace", "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!", Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension).
- This is the third breakup in the series ("Hip Hip Parade", "Bully Bromance Breakup").
- Monty flies in on the wings Perry used in "Mom's in the House".
- This is the seventh time someone mentions summer ending ("Rollercoaster", "I, Brobot", "Ain't No Kiddie Ride", "Wizard of Odd", "Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs to You!", "Cranius Maximus").
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy ♦
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Richard O'Brien as Dad ♦
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Tyler Mann as Carl
- Olivia Olson as Vanessa
- Jorge Garcia as Rodrigo
- Seth Green as Monty Monogram
- Additional Voices: Django Marsh
♦ designates a character that did not appear in this episode
"What A Croc!"