The music on Phineas and Ferb ranges from the whimsical to heavy metal. All genres are included, but pop is the most frequent. Some are just little jingles which lasts for only a few seconds, while others are full songs. Almost every episode has had at least one musical number, with the exceptions of "Rollercoaster", "Lights, Candace, Action!", "The Lizard Whisperer", and "Mommy Can You Hear Me?". Some episodes may have two or three songs in a row.
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension has the most songs, with 13, while "Rollercoaster: The Musical!" is second, with 9 songs. The extended edition of the episode "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!" is in third with 8 songs, and "Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs to You!" and "Wizard of Odd" are tied for fourth with 7 songs each.
The four clip shows all contain at least three songs - "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown" and its sequel both contain 11, "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!" has 7, and "This Is Your Backstory" has 3. (All but "My Name is Doof" and its reprise are from previous episodes)
List of Songs (by Episode)
- Main article: List of songs/Season 1
- Main article: List of songs/Season 2
- Main article: List of songs/Season 3
- Main article: List of songs/Season 4
♦ = Included in the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack
♠ = Included in Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions
† = Included in the Walmart Exclusive Edition of Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions
♣ = Extended Song
‡ = Included in Phineas and Ferb: Rockin' and Rollin'
|"Animatin' Rap"||performed by Dan, Swampy, and the Phineas and Ferb crew|
|"Platypus Walk" ‡||performed by Swampy and the Marsh-mellows|
|"My Secret Agent"||performed by Traci Hines|
|"Y.M.C.A. (Phineas and Ferb Remix)"||performed by O.W.C.A. Agents|
|"I Knew You Were Trouble Music Video Mashup"||performed by Taylor Swift & Dr. Doofenshmirtz|
Best Live Tour Ever
|Disney's Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!||
"Gonna Put On A Show!", "Phineas and Ferb Theme", "Busted", "Perry the Platypus", "Everything's Better with Perry", "The Impossible Dream", "I Feel Pretty" (replaced by "Cabaret"), "One", "Quirky Worky Song ‡", "Backyard Beach", "Phinedroids and Ferbots" (Instrumental), "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" (Instrumental), "Truck Drivin' Boy", "Disco Miniature Golfing King", "Fabulous", "S.I.M.P. (Squirrels In My Pants)", "Summer Belongs to You", "Follow the Sun"
Doofenshmirtz's Daily Dirt
|"CALL ME MAYBE IS NOT CRAZY!"||"I'm Done Really"|
|"GANGNAM STYLE OR "OPEN QUANTUM STYLE" I'M NOT SURE"||"Open Quantum Style"|
|"THE DOOF RAPS ON RAP (SO META)"||"The Doof Raps On Rap"|
|"WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY? COSPLAY!"||"What Does the Fox Say?"|
|"THE SNICKERDOODLE IS A LIE!"||"Greenland Song"|
|"PONIES, ANIME AND BUBBLE TEA"||"Answer This"|
|"Perry the Platy-Bus"||From advertising for Perry the Platy-Bus|
- Phineas and Ferb's songs are a variety, but most of them are pop songs. Dr. Doofenshmirtz's songs are mostly Broadway-style show tunes or jazz songs, complete with performances and dancers while Candace tends to use Do-Wop or pop songs, Monogram tends to do parodies or a capella ballads, Vanessa does mostly voiceovers, Jeremy does romantic pop songs etc.
- Songs sung by guest stars (i.e. "Today is Gonna Be a Great Day", "I Believe We Can") are the only ones that are not translated into any other language, instead, subtitles in that language are seen.
- "Kick It Up A Notch" is not translated in some languages, while in others it is.
- Also, all songs from Season 2 (except Countdown) are not translated to Greek.
- In Indonesia, 8 songs in Season 3 are not translated: "Bust is in the Bag", "Tour de Ferb", "Skiddley Whiffers", "Jetpack Volleyball", "Monogram Box Song", "Non Reaction Song", "Big Mitch", and "Wee Wee Wee".
- Plus, three songs in Season 2 are not translated: My Ride from Outer Space, Bango-Ru and Devors.
- In Spain (link), Portugal (link), Germany (link), Netherlands (link) and Poland (link), "Today is Gonna Be a Great Day" was translated/re-made for the soundtrack.
- In some countries, such as the UK, Germany and Spain, most of the songs are on an upward semitone (also with PAL velocity). This is due to the episodes being sped up from 24 to 25 frames per second for technical reasons, so the pitch is 25/24 higher.