"You know, Candace, I've had a lot of fun in your backyard, but this is the best time yet."
Jeremy Johnson is the boyfriend of Candace Flynn, older brother of Suzy Johnson and son of Jack Johnson and Mrs. Johnson. He is the guitar player for Jeremy and the Incidentals. He is apparently the founder and/or leader, since the group has been named after him.
Jeremy often comes over to the Flynn-Fletcher house to participate in Phineas and Ferb's Big Ideas, or just to say hi to Candace. He enjoys their Big Ideas, as he downloaded the Phineas and the Ferb-Tones song, went to their car wash with his mom's car, took Candace to a date at their restaurant, and participated in the aglet movement ("Flop Starz", "At the Car Wash", "Chez Platypus", "Tip of the Day"). He works part-time at the Mr. Slushy Dawg and Mr. Slushy Burger fast food chain, which Candace frequently visits just to see him. He is also the lead singer and guitarist for the band Jeremy and the Incidentals. His phone number is 555-0105. ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!")
He owns and can use a camera quite well. He also takes photography classes, although how often is unknown ("Got Game?"). Jeremy once appeared in a TV ad for flip-flops. Candace said Jeremy had "hunky ankles" ("Let's Take a Quiz"). He has been affected by three of Heinz Doofenshmirtz's "inators", but without realizing it. He was turned into a grungy, heavy-metal rocker, but restored by Agent P to his normal self ("The Best Lazy Day Ever"). He also became attached to Candace at the waist while he was sleeping ("Canderemy"). He was even turned into a "Druelselsteinian Jeremy" and was later restored to normal ("The Curse of Candace"). He unintentionally helped Doofenshmirtz summon aliens by giving him a guitar lesson (although he seemed to think Doofenshmirtz was insane when he said the aliens were coming) and visited Monogram to give him guitar lessons as well, where Monogram told him about the Agency. Fortunately, it didn't seem that he believed the idea of animals leading double lives as agents ("The Lizard Whisperer").
Jeremy is a serene, placid and fairly relaxed individual, not letting himself get hung up on the little details. If he feels nervous whenever he asks Candace out, it never really shows until after he hangs up and occasionally says "yes!" However, he was nervous when Candace signed the two of them up for a televised dance show ("Nerdy Dancin'"). He is usually kind and friendly to everyone, unlike his younger sister. Jeremy is laid-back, calm, and likes to participate in many things, such as Phineas and Ferb's projects.
Jeremy has his own set of trademark clothes. Typically, he wears an olive-green shirt over a brown T-shirt with beige cargo shorts. He changed clothes often, usually dressing up for dates with Candace. He also has been seen frequently in his Mr. Slushy Dawg uniform, which includes a hat with a sausage poking out of it.
- Main article: Candace and Jeremy's relationship
"You know, Candace, I've had a lot of fun in your backyard, but this is the best time yet."
Candace and Jeremy both have big crushes on each other. It is known that Jeremy likes Candace because, preceding the Night of the Falling Stars Girl's Choice Dance, Jeremy was waiting for Candace to ask him (along with the time Jeremy called Candace to go on a date, he was fingering his shirt collar. And when they hung up, both of them said "yes!"). Also, if Candace is angry about her brothers, once Jeremy comes for a visit, Candace's feelings seem to be soothed. One time they were trying to call one another and kept calling at exactly the same time, resulting in the calls being dropped or the answering machine picking up, which frustrated them both to no ends. Sometimes Candace thinks that she's on a date with Jeremy when they hang out, and Jeremy almost always wants to hang out with Candace. His normal greetings to Candace tend to be "Hey, Candace", (to which she responds: "Hi, Jeremy.") and "Uh... Candace?". He has asked Candace out on a date several times now. ("Out to Launch", "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!", "Chez Platypus", "Journey to the Center of Candace")
Candace and Jeremy are currently in a relationship, though it was never officially established that they became a couple until after the Summer Solstice. During the song "Summer Belongs to You", Jeremy came into the backyard and told Candace that she forgot something in Paris, which was their kiss from on the bridge.
Candace is officially Jeremy's girlfriend ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!").
Jeremy and Coltrane appear to be best friends, as Candace and Stacy are best friends. ("Let's Take a Quiz", "The Baljeatles") Coltrane and Jeremy are both a part of the band Jeremy and the Incidentals.
Stacy is shown to be friends with Jeremy, and also nicknamed her as "Staceroo", which angers Candace because he hadn't nicknamed her ("The Baljeatles").
When Phineas and Ferb built the Coolest Coaster Ever, it seems that they don't know much about each other, she didn't know who he was when Candace had to remind her that he "is the cute one that works at Mr Slushy Burger" ("Rollercoaster"), however she does recognize him in when Phineas and Ferb created the Backyard Beach ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror"). Jeremy introduced Coltrane to Stacy and they became friends ("The Baljeatles").
"I always liked your brothers."
Jeremy is the father of Candace's future three children (Amanda, Xavier and Fred). Xavier and Fred share his long neck, and Xavier shares his blonde hair. Fred could be a step-child, or his name could have been chosen by Jeremy, as in some episodes. Candace says "...and have monkey-kids and name them Xavier and Amanda!" or "and have two kids — Xavier and Amanda.", but without mentioning a "Fred" ("The Best Lazy Day Ever", "Swiss Family Phineas and "Spa Day"). However it may possibly be because Candace thought of having only two children and Fred was unexpected.
It is revealed that Perry is Jeremy's favorite platypus. When Jeremy visited the Flynn-Fletcher house at the time Candace was in Perry's body, not Perry himself, he petted Perry and helped feed him ("Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat?").
Later, Agent P was forced to hide himself from Jeremy so that he would not be recognized and ultimately exposed when Jeremy came over to Doofenshmirtz's to give him guitar lessons. Jeremy mentioned that Perry is a platypus and that he doesn't do much ("The Lizard Whisperer").
"I see why Candace built a shrine for you in her room."
Francis had some guitar lessons from Jeremy ("The Lizard Whisperer"). He also worked at Slushy Burger with Jeremy Johnson. He thought that Jeremy had fired him when he asked Francis to clean the toilet. ("Phineas and Ferb Save Summer")
|The image gallery for Jeremy Johnson may be viewed here.|
- Originally, Jeremy was to be never shown on-screen and only referenced in conversation by other characters. The producers liked Mitchel Musso's voice so much that they decided to make Jeremy an actual character and have Musso voice him.
- He bears a striking resemblance to Charles Pipping IV.
- According to Stacy in "Day of the Living Gelatin", Gelatin is his favorite dessert.
- In a Disney Channel promo advertising the series, Mitchel Musso, the voice of Jeremy, confirmed that Jeremy really does have feelings for Candace.
|“||Jeremy definitely likes Candace, but she doesn't know that Jeremy likes her. In the long run, at the very end of the day, it would all work out, because he cares for her just like she cares for him. It's just all about being yourself.||”|
- He’s the future father of three kids from "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo" named Xavier (who is blond and looks a lot like him), Fred and Amanda (who has the same exact head as him, albeit smaller) by Candace.
- In his first proper appearance in "Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror", he does not speak.
- Vanessa Doofenshmirtz briefly expressed interest in him during "The Lizard Whisperer" when she saw that he was a guitarist, but then quickly lost interest and says "I'm outta here" when she finds that out he doesn’t play or listen to heavy rock.
- In "The Lizard Whisperer", Jeremy has a picture of Candace in his guitar case; the very same picture she accidentally sent him in "The Bully Code".
- Phineas said in "Moon Farm" that Jeremy has a British background.
- He is a full year older than Candace as revealed in Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension.
- He carries a drain unclogger around with him. ("Monster from the Id")
- So far Jeremy has shared a kiss with Candace on-screen twice.("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", "Happy New Year!")
- The tooth fairy never visited him as a kid. His baby teeth are still with him, but he had lost one. ("Knot My Problem")
- It's unknown why Jeremy likes Candace, as he was constantly cut off when trying to tell her. Though he seems to like her for who she is. ("The Great Indoors")
- He thinks Candace's flatulence sounds cute. (Return Policy)
- Jeremy is the only main character not to wonder where Perry went.
- Dan Povenmire mentioned that Jeremy and Candace get married and have children in the future.
- "I Scream, You Scream"
- "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together"
- "Voyage to the Bottom of Buford"
- "Swiss Family Phineas"
- "Vanessassary Roughness"
- "The Lemonade Stand"
- "Phineas and Ferb Hawaiian Vacation"
- "We Call it Maze"
- "Brain Drain"
- "Phineas and Ferb Interrupted"
- "Mommy Can You Hear Me?"
- "Lotsa Latkes"
- "The Remains of the Platypus"
- "Sci-Fi Pie Fly"
- "When Worlds Collide"
- "Love at First Byte"
- "Terrifying Tri-State Trilogy of Terror"
Milo Murphy's Law
- "Managing Murphy's Law" (voice only)