"With our angle of descent, leaning will be ineffectual!"
She was one of the Ferbettes in Phineas and the Ferb-Tones ("Flop Starz", "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown"). She also helped Phineas Flynn win the Swamp Oil 500. Isabella Garcia-Shapiro thanked her for a job well done and complimented her on adding the bow to the 42 Team Phineas race car during the pit-stop ("The Fast and the Phineas"). She also sings in S'Winter ("S'Winter"). In a deep voice, she counts down the blastoff of Phineas and Ferb's rocket when they visit their star ("Out to Launch"). She appears to be extremely intelligent, having to repeat her statements due to the others not understanding what she had said, and saying words that no one else in the room knows ("Bubble Boys", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap").
Gretchen is fair-skinned with shoulder length brown hair, blue eyes with glasses, and wears her uniform with a large collar, bell-shaped sleeves, a red belt around her skirt, and low-top shoes.
|View the image gallery for Gretchen.|
- Help Thy Neighbor Patch (About 52 as of "Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
- Aquatic Safety Patch ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror")
- Sewing Patch ("Run Away Runway")
- Tent Pitching Patch, Marshmallow Patch ("Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!")
- Aeronautic Patch ("De Plane! De Plane!")
- Broadcasting Patch ("Let's Take a Quiz")
- Shrimp Net Repair Patch ("That Sinking Feeling")
- Saying A Word No One Else In The Room Knows Patch ("Sesquipedalian," meaning having many syllables), Sap Collecting Patch ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
- Mountain Moving Patch ("Phineas and Ferb-Busters!")
- Rodeo Clown Patch ("Robot Rodeo")
- Desert Tracking Patch, Rain-forest/Jungle Navigation Patch, Rock-climbing Patch, Non-power Flight Patch, Concussion First-aid Patch ("The Great Indoors")
- Flier Delivery Patch (Twice "The Remains of the Platypus")
- Bee Keeping Patch, Exploration Patch ("Bee Story")
Gretchen and Isabella appear to be very good friends. In the instances where Isabella does not actually listen to what Phineas is saying to her due to drifting off into fantasies, Gretchen repeats it for her convenience. ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
Gretchen along with the other Fireside Girls gladly help out with Phineas's and Ferb's Big Ideas. The other Fireside Girls sometimes have difficulty understanding Gretchen first time stating something so Gretchen repeats it in a different way to get her statement across. ("Bubble Boys")
Oftentimes, in Isabella's absence, she takes on the role of the leader of the Fireside Girls. For example, in "It's No Picnic", she leads the girls to starting their operation to make sure Isabella and Phineas' picnic is going well.
Gretchen frequently participates in Phineas' and Ferb's Big Ideas. They will sometimes help the Fireside Girls get a specific patch(es) ("Robot Rodeo" and "The Great Indoors"). She also lectures the gang in the bi-monthly Zombie Apocalypse Preparation ("Where's Pinky?").
- Gretchen is voiced by Ariel Winter. She is the first of the Fireside Girls after Isabella to have a speaking role in the series.
- She and Katie are the only Fireside Girls that appear in the Phineas and Ferb Nintendo DS game.
- In "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", she appeared to take the most prominent role, having the most spoken lines of dialogue.
- She is the only Fireside Girl other than Isabella to have a counterpart with a speaking part in Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension and "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars".
- She is sometimes shown with regular eyes. (See gallery)
- She may be a reference of Velma from Scooby-Doo, whom she resembles in several ways, and may be the girl using the catchphrase "Jinkies" off-screen in "Isabella and the Temple of Sap".
- She may also be a reference to Marcie from the Peanuts comic strips and TV specials. Gretchen often calls Isabella "Chief" much like the way Marcie calls Peppermint Patty "Sir".
- She, Katie, and Milly are the only Fireside Girls to appear in "Disney's Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!".
- In "The Ballad of Badbeard", she and Holly appear to get seasick.
- Gretchen appears to be the shortest of the main Fireside Girls (All episodes that all the Fireside Girls are in) and the lightest as the other girls were able to carry her weight while she was reading The Fireside Girls Book of Dendrology (a large, heavy book) with no problems in "Isabella and the Temple of Sap".
- In "Act Your Age", in an amusing and ironic twist, she's the tallest of the Fireside Girl alums.
- In "Tri-Stone Area", she is seen without her glasses as a cave-girl while singing "Zubada".
- Dan Povenmire revealed that she is "a dead-on caricature" of character designer Greg Guler's daughter.
- In "Bee Story", she seemed to have gotten annoyed with Katie's buzzing, asking her what was she doing.
- Apparently, she hosts a bi-monthly Zombie Apocalypse Preparation lecture. ("Where's Pinky?")
- "Jump Right to It" is the first song where Gretchen is a main singer.
- In ,"Act Your Age", Gretchen and Adyson are the only teenage former Fireside Girls (besides Isabella), to have the same voice actresses as their younger versions.
- In "Night of the Living Pharmacists", she is the only Fireside Girl other than Isabella shown onscreen who is transformed into a Doofenshmirtz zombie.
Milo Murphy's Law
|Isabella Garcia-Shapiro | Gretchen | Adyson Sweetwater | Holly | Katie | Milly | Ginger Hirano|
|Candace Flynn | Unnamed blond | Unnamed brunette | Unnamed brown | Brigitte|
|Background and History|
|Founder | Anthem | Accomplishment Patches|
|Phineas and the Ferb-Tones|
|Phineas (Singer/Guitarist) | Ferb (Keyboardist/Drummer)|
|Isabella | Gretchen | Milly | Adyson|
|Gitchee Gitchee Goo|