"Okay, the Jones' hamster says it's gonna lose it if someone doesn't oil the wheel in its cage."
Nothing is known of her early life as of now as she has never been a subject of such focus. She first assisted Phineas and Ferb filming their movie, The Curse of the Princess Monster starring Candace. ("Lights, Candace, Action!")
She also helped translate animal dialogue with Phineas and Ferb's animal translator. ("Interview With a Platypus")
She attempted to use the computer with permission from her mom but was obviously unable to since Stacy was using the computer to help Candace impress Jeremy. ("For Your Ice Only")
She won a lot of trophies, and Stacy hasn't. Both Stacy and Ginger then competed in an Ultimate-Obstacle-Course competition held by Phineas and Ferb. Stacy eventually won and finally stated than she also has a trophy to Ginger, but then the latter revealed that she got all those trophies to impress her sister. ("One Good Turn")
Ginger is light-skinned with straight black hair with bangs, brown eyes, and her uniform has a red turtleneck collar and cuffs, and canvas shoes with a dark red square pattern.
As a young adult, Ginger wears a violet headband and dress of the same color. She also appears to have had her ears pierced and is seen with a pair of small, round, light blue earrings.
- Help Thy Neighbor Patch (52 as of "Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
- Aquatic Safety Patch ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror")
- Sewing Patch ("Run Away Runway")
- Tent Pitching Patch, Marshmallow Patch ("Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!")
- Aeronautic Patch ("De Plane! De Plane! ")
- Broadcasting Patch ("Let's Take a Quiz")
- Shrimp Net Repair Patch ("That Sinking Feeling")
- Sap Collecting Patch, I Just Saw a Cute Boy Patch (Baljeet, removed twice due to disagreement) ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
- Mountain Moving Patch ("Phineas and Ferb-Busters!")
- Desert Tracking Patch, Rain-forest/Jungle Navigation Patch, Rock-climbing Patch, Non-power Flight Patch, Concussion First-aid Patch ("The Great Indoors")
- Flier Delivery Patch (Twice "The Remains of the Platypus")
- Bee Keeping Patch, Exploration Patch ("Bee Story").
Isabella is Ginger's troop leader and good friend. Like the rest of Troop 46231 (and several other characters), Ginger is well aware of Isabella's crush on Phineas and has been known to tease her about it, prompting Isabella to sharply tell her to "stand down" ("Bee Day", "It's No Picnic"). Nonetheless, Ginger is willing to help Isabella and offers words of wisdom when Isabella was trying to earn a very difficult patch and takes part in an attempt between the friends to get Phineas and Isabella together before the latter leaves for college ("Night of the Living Pharmacists", "Act Your Age").
Along with the other Fireside Girls, Ginger often participating with Fireside Girls helping out Phineas and Ferb's Big Ideas. Ginger also theorized that they can communicate with bees through dancing ("Bee Story"). Although the girls know Ginger's crush on Baljeet, no one seems to care about it and instead seeing her crush on Baljeet awkwardly ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Night of the Living Pharmacists").
"Why don't we ever go see what Baljeet is doing?"
Ginger has a crush on Baljeet, similar to Isabella having a crush on Phineas. She expressed this interest many times when the Fireside Girls looked for the maraca-nut tree. However, no one else seems to understand her crush, unlike Isabella's. In fact, the other girls have revoked her "I Just Saw a Cute Boy" patch twice just for claiming Baljeet was cute. ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap") During the song "It's A New Year", they were both seen dancing together. ("Happy New Year!") Later, when Baljeet is talking to Ginger about the bees' "waggle dance", he is seen possibly developing a crush on her because when Phineas asks him for help he says "In a minute!" However, Ginger is turned into a bee and Baljeet is left alone yet again. ("Bee Day", "Bee Story") Ginger uses the information Baljeet gave her and helps the other girls get their Beekeeping Patch by explaining how to communicate with bees via the song Waggle Dance. ("Bee Story") She is seen dancing with Baljeet ("Druselsteinoween"). Also, when Phineas and Ferb goes inside the Fireside Girls' Lodge, when everyone pointing out Phineas and Ferb arrived, Ginger instead pointing out on Baljeet. However, again, everyone seems regarding her crush on Baljeet as awkward ("Night of the Living Pharmacists").
Ten years later, Ginger and Baljeet have become a couple. When or how they got together is unknown, though ("Act Your Age").
"Don't make me open that can of whipped cream on you. Or however that goes."
Stacy is Ginger's older sister. It's unclear what they think of each other as most of their visible interaction is when Phineas and Ferb are doing one of their Big Ideas. They first interacted as sisters in "For Your Ice Only", where Ginger was waiting impatiently for her older sister to get off the computer. There appears to be a bit of a rivalry going on as Ginger has a much larger trophy space than Stacy. However, Ginger apparently got all those trophies because she looks up to Stacy and wanted to impress her ("One Good Turn").
Dr. Hirano is Ginger's mother. She seems to be more impressed with Ginger than she is with her older daughter, Stacy, since the trophy shelf in the Hirano house is filled with Ginger's trophies ("One Good Turn").
"(Jealously) Hoo, Mishti, Mishti, Mishti!"
Mishti is an old friend of Baljeet's from when he was younger in India. While the two girls never interacted when Mishti came to visit Danville, Ginger revealed ten years later that she was jealous of Mishti over Baljeet ("Act Your Age").
|View the image gallery for Ginger Hirano.|
- Her first speaking appearance was when she made a comment on behalf of the "Jones' hamster" in "Interview With a Platypus".
- She and Katie appeared in "Rollercoaster" during the grand opening of Phineas and Ferb's rollercoaster, though they weren't wearing their Fireside uniforms. Ginger was, however, wearing a very similar red and orange turtleneck and brown skirt.
- She, along with Katie and Isabella, are the first Fireside Girls introduced in the series.
- Despite her lesser appearance than her sister, Ginger is introduced first before Stacy.
- Despite having a crush on Baljeet, Ginger showed no jealousy towards Mishti in "That Sinking Feeling". A possible reason is she had no interest in Baljeet at the time. A more likely reason is that Ginger was not seen near Baljeet or Mishti during the episode.
- According to "Act Your Age", she and Baljeet are dating and it's revealed she was actually very jealous.
- She and Milly are the only Fireside Girls who appear in the Transport-inators of Doooom!.
- Her name was mentioned on-screen for the first time (along with the other Fireside Girls' names) by the supercomputer Phineas and Ferb built in "Ask a Foolish Question". The first person to addressed her name on-screen was Stacy in "For Your Ice Only". Isabella addresses her name for the first time in "Bee Story".
- According to Summer Vacation Summerizer, she is left-handed and can play the guitar just like her sister, Stacy.
- Swampy confirmed that Stacy is her older sister. This fact is proved in "For Your Ice Only", and together they made a major appearance in "One Good Turn".
- She is the only Fireside Girl beside Isabella that has been addressed by name by Phineas.
- Ginger's surname is revealed indirectly by Candace in "Robot Rodeo", when Candace addresses her and Stacy's mom as "Dr. Hirano". Hence, Ginger is the fourth Fireside Girl to have her surname revealed, following Isabella Garcia-Shapiro, Candace Flynn, and Adyson Sweetwater.
- She is the tallest Fireside Girl in Troop 46231, besides Candace.
- "Waggle Dance" is the first song where she is the main singer.
- Ginger was originally voiced by Tiffany Espensen, but after Season 3 she was voiced by Michaela Zee. When she appears as an adolescent, interestingly enough, she is voiced by Zee's mother, Ming-Na Wen, the same voice actress who voices Dr. Hirano.
- She has won many trophies and other awards. ("One Good Turn")
- The sundress she wears as a young adult is a slightly darker color than the color of her older sister's iconic skirt.
- Aside from Isabella, Ginger is the first Fireside Girl to appear without any of her troop members with her. ("For Your Ice Only", "One Good Turn", "Druselsteinoween")
Milo Murphy's Law
|Isabella Garcia-Shapiro | Gretchen|
|Candace Flynn | Unnamed blond | Unnamed brunette | Unnamed brown | Brigitte|
|Background and History|
|Founder | Anthem | Accomplishment Patches|