|“||I found how I can contribute to the world, by being a mobile logistics technician.||”|
— Paul the Delivery Guy
Paul the Delivery Guy discovers his job has a higher calling to save Danville as he makes stops at Phineas and Ferb's house, Doofenshmirtz Evil, Inc., Danville City Hall and the OWCA, in a special episode seen through his eyes. The rock band, Love Händel, returns for some musical accompaniment. Meanwhile, at Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc., Perry has lost the tools in his hat.
In the backyard, Phineas and Ferb are discussing their latest idea, a city-wide amusement park on a single track. Paul the Delivery Guy arrives and asks Phineas to sign the delivery note for the 20 tons of building material they ordered. Phineas signs the notice with the pen Paul had left in their backyard on the previous day, and assures him that the pen would not be lost again as he and Ferb had installed a clip on it for him.
On the road in the Hightail Delivery truck, Paul talks on a headset with his father, who works in the same company, confirming that he had accidentally left the boys the blue slip rather than the pink one as he was supposed to. His father tells him that he should be taking his job more seriously, but Paul explains how he is unsure if he wants to be a delivery guy. Paul turns on the radio and listens as the radio host informs listeners to keep an eye out for the WJOP party van in the streets, as the first listener to spot it and say the key phrase receives a prize. Paul then arrives at his next stop, Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.
As the elevator of the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building is out of order, Paul has to carry the large package all the way up the flight of stairs. At the top, he enters Doofenshmirtz's apartment and is immediately trapped in a tiny cage. Doofenshmirtz releases him and apologizes, explaining that the cage was intended for someone else. Doofenshmirtz tells him his evil scheme of how he plans to shoot City Hall with his latest inator and turn it into juice to humiliate his brother Roger so he can take over. In turn, Paul tells Doofenshmirtz about how he feels unfulfilled at his own job, and Doofenshmirtz offers him a job as a minion, but Paul declines. As he leaves, Doofenshmirtz notices that he left the blue slip instead of the pink one.
Back on the road, Paul drives by Phineas and Ferb, who are now on their completed one-track ride across the city. Suddenly, the WJOP party van crashes into the back of his truck, and Paul steps out to check the damage. Accidentally stating the key phrase, Paul realizes that he won Love Händel as his personal musicians for the day. To his annoyance, they follow him around and turn everything he does into a tune.
After delivering to Roger the empty box he ordered for his cat to play in at City Hall, Paul tells Love Händel his dilemma. Love Händel then sings to Paul about wanting food, so they head to Mr. Slushy Burger for lunch where Candace is explaining her latest busting endeavors to Jeremy. There, Paul's father calls and informs him that there is another package to be delivered to Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated. As Paul delivers the last part of Doofenshmirtz's Juice-inator, he notices Perry, whose emergency spy tools are missing from their usual place in his fedora, struggling in the cage.
Paul and Love Händel arrive at their last stop of the day, the O.W.C.A. headquarters, where they learn that Carl removed Perry's tools to clean and repair. Paul then realizes how important his job can be, and agrees to deliver Perry's tools, finally leaving the pink copy and taking the blue one. After being stuck in traffic, Paul and Love Händel hitch a ride on Phineas and Ferb's track to the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building, where Paul delivers the tools. However, as soon as Perry is free, Doofenshmirtz traps him again in a pit in the floor. As the inator is ready to fire, Paul ties it up and takes off with Perry on his paraglider.
The children, Candace, and Linda stand around in confusion at the juice puddles on the ground. At the O.W.C.A., Major Monogram offers Paul a job, but he declines, stating that being a mobile logistics technician is his calling. As he leaves, Perry notices that he forgot his pen.
Read the transcript of Delivery of Destiny.
- "You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart" (one line)
- "He's Driving Safe"
- "He's on His Way"
- "Sci Fi Speculative"
- "Going to City Hall"
- "Kitty in a Box"
- "He's Not Sure"
- "We Wanna Eat"
- "Sliding Down a Tube"
- "Paul's Revelation Operetta"
First verse of "Paul's Revelation Operetta". (In the end credits when broadcast by itself)
|View the image gallery for "Delivery of Destiny".|
The "Too Young" Line
Paul: (Talking by intercommunicator) Hi Dad, yes I just delivered to Phineas and Ferb. (His father tells him something, probably asking if they're a little young) Yes, yes they are.
I know what we're gonna do today
Hey, where's Perry?
Oh, there you are, Perry
Perry's entrance to his lair
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated! (slightly sped up)
Paul: Oh, here's my next delivery.
(Evil Jingle plays.) What a weird looking building.
Paul: I think your little—what is that, a Dachshund?
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Platypus.
Paul: I mean, just look at those kids!
Love Händel: Look at those kids!
Paul: I mean, what is it that you guys really want?
Love Händel: We're hungry and we wanna eat!
Jeremy: Candace, I'd really like to help you with your latest busting endeavor, but I have customers waiting.
Love Händel: We're hungry and we want to eat!
(Paul is tired from climbing up the many flights of stairs in Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated)
Woman: (coming out of elevator, then sees Paul on the floor) You know, they fixed the elevator.
(Love Händel comes up the stairs)
Paul: Hey, why don't you just take the elevator? (he walks into the said elevator) Got a song for that? (the elevator closes)
Carl: (with high-pitched voice) Uh, I'm gonna go sign for the package.
Major Mongram: Carl, your voice just got squeaky! I know that squeaking!
Bobbi: Hey guys! We're covered in juice and packing tape! What does that remind you of?
Swampy: Detroit, 1984!
Major Monogram: Excellent work, young man, excellent. You know it's unprecedented you being human, but I would like to offer you a job with the agency. What do you say, son? You want to fight evil?
Paul: Thanks, but no thanks. I found how I can contribute to the world, by being a mobile logistics technician.
- This episode was paired with "Buford Confidential" when it premiered on Disney Channel.
- April 30, 2012 (Disney Channel Latin America and Brazil)
- May 18, 2012 (Family Channel)
- June 1, 2012 (Disney Channel Asia)
- August 10, 2012 (Disney Channel Israel)
- August 29, 2012 (Disney Channel France)
- September 1, 2012 (Disney Channel Australia)
- October 7, 2012 (Disney XD Spain)
- October 13, 2012 (Disney Channel Portugal)
- December 16, 2012 (Disney XD Latin America)
- During the opening scene, a mainroad is unusually seen beside the Flynn-Fletcher's house; usually, it's only seen as a driveway and there is another house beside the Flynn-Fletcher's house.
- When Love Händel is sliding down the tube in O.W.C.A., Swampy's tie is going through his arm.
- The package that Paul has to deliver to Dr. Doofenshmirtz is mislabeled:
Dr Heinz Dooferschirtz
DEi Entey prites
- When Paul finally gets the package up the stairs, the label changes:
DEI Enter Prites
- When Paul finally gets the package up the stairs, the label changes:
- In the 1960s, the major manufacturers standardized putting Neutral between Reverse and Drive on the automatic transmission selector. The gear pattern on the Hightail Delivery van is PNRDTURBO, for Park-Neutral-Reverse-Drive.
- When Paul makes the emergency delivery to Perry and engages the turbo gear on his van, he passes the same two cars on the same street in the same manner as he did before.
- When Paul asks Major Monogram to fill out the 237 form, he says "You keep the pink copy, the blue copy's mine!". This is intended to underscore his own maturity since the beginning of the episode, where he forgets which color copy of the form he should keep, and which copy belongs to Phineas and Ferb. The color copy that Major Monogram would receive should be neither pink nor blue, since pink would be for Perry and blue would only be left after he completed the delivery.
- During "Kitty in a Box", the lyrics are "Almost as fun as a genie in a box", but the closed captions read "Almost as fun as a kitty in socks".
- One of the signs of Phineas and Ferb's lemonade business is seen in a building when Paul and Love Händel interact with Irving. When Paul rushes his van to deliver Perry's tools, the sign is missing.
- Phineas and Ferb's lemonade stand's sign can be seen in a building ("The Lemonade Stand").
- Date with Destiny - The title is a reference to the phrase.
- Flatiron Building - In the final delivery scene, Paul drives by a brief shot of a building that bears a strong resemblance to the Flatiron Building in New York.
- This is the first time that an episode focuses on a special guest character instead of the main characters. It is also the third time an episode focuses on someone other than Phineas and Ferb for the majority of the time ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Not Phineas and Ferb").
- It is revealed that Carl has a high and squeaky voice when he's hiding something.
- It is revealed that Roger Doofenshmirtz has a cat.
- This is the 11 minute episode with the most songs, with a total of ten.
- Isabella and Baljeet appear in this episode, but do not have speaking roles.
- This is the second time Isabella appears, but doesn't speak ("Moon Farm").
- This is the tenth time Baljeet appears without Buford ("Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!", "Unfair Science Fair", "Unfair Science Fair Redux (Another Story)", "Attack of the 50 Foot Sister", "Day of the Living Gelatin", "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo", "Undercover Carl", "The Doonkelberry Imperative", "Meapless in Seattle").
- WJOP is seen again ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!").
- This is the second time someone runs up the stairs of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated in order to deliver something ("Fireside Girl Jamboree").
- This is the third time someone is forced to use the stairs of a building when the elevator is out of order ("Comet Kermillian", "Fireside Girl Jamboree").
- When Love Händel first appears, they sing a riff from "You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart" ("Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together").
- "Googly moogly" is said again ("Ready for the Bettys", "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown", "Doof Dynasty").
- This is the second time someone describes the appearance of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated (Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension).
- This is the second time Candace doesn't see the Big Idea onscreen ("Undercover Carl").
- This is the third time someone says that O.W.C.A. is an uncool acronym ("Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs to You!", "Phineas and Ferb Interrupted").
- The hole in the door has been used twice before ("Chez Platypus", "Hip Hip Parade").
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Tyler Mann as Carl
- Richard O'Brien as Dad ♦
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy
- John O'Hurley as Roger
- Jack McBrayer as Irving
- Kari Wahlgren as Suzy ♦
- Jane Lynch as Mrs. Johnson ♦
- Todd Stashwick as Jack Johnson ♦
- Christian Slater as Paul the Delivery Guy
- Mark Thompson as Radio DJ
- Brian Phelps as Paul's Dad
- Jaret Reddick as Danny
- Carlos Alazraqui as Bobbi Fabulous
- Steve Zahn as Sherman
- Additional Voices: Dan Povenmire, Daran Norris, Grey DeLisle, Jane Lynch, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Kari Wahlgren, Kevin Michael Richardson, Mat Horne, Todd Stashwick
- ♦ designates a character that did not appear in this episode
"Meapless in Seattle"