|“||I've been planning this since I was ten!||”|
— Candace Flynn
Candace is elated at the prospect of being the maid of honor at Aunt Tiana and Uncle Bob's wedding, but when it gets moved to the Flynn's backyard, Phineas and Ferb's creative touches including a massive ice sculpture, threaten to tarnish Candace's vision for the wedding. Meanwhile, Agent P must stop Dr. Doofenshmirtz from spraying a partially hydrogenated coconut oil and corn syrup concoction over the entire Tri-State Area to turn lean meats, whole grains, fruits and vegetables into junk food.
- 1 Episode Summary
- 2 Transcript
- 3 Songs
- 4 End Credits
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Running Gags
- 7 Memorable Quotes
- 8 Background Information
- 9 Production Information
- 10 Errors
- 11 Continuity
- 12 Allusions
- 13 Trivia
- 14 Cast
Aunt Tiana and Uncle Bob share the scrapbook of their vacations to South America at the Flynn-Fletcher home. Bob states that he wants to go with someone else on the next trip to the Galapagos—his wife. He proposes to her in the living room, and she accepts.
After Phineas states that it was corny but effective, Linda questions if they'll get married in the Galapagos, though Candace selfishly insists that Aunt Tiana told her that she could be the bridesmaid and questions her "needs." Tiana then realizes that Candace is right and agrees that they could get married in the courthouse before they leave. Candace once again objects, stating that they should have a real wedding—in the backyard.
Linda points out that Candace can't plan a real wedding in a day, but Candace has been planning it since she was ten. When Candace tells her mom and aunt to leave for manicures, Tiana suggests Phineas and Ferb could help. Candace objects, fearing that the boys will go in the wrong direction, however Tiana assures her she could steer them in the right direction. After making some phone calls, Candace tells Phineas and Ferb to plan the grand entrance and Phineas questions where Perry is.
Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz is apparently buying up all the healthy foods, along with unhealthy additives. Doofenshmirtz plans to keep all the healthy food while everyone else is unhealthy thanks to his latest -inator. Unfortunately, Doofenshmirtz doesn't like the taste of fresh vegetables so he dunks it in additives to make it taste better. This causes him to get unhealthy as he eats heavily glazed veggies and uses up the fuel for his device. He thinks about refilling the vats, but instead passes out in one of the vats.
Candace tries to handle all of the arrangements herself by making multiple calls at once and, after seeing the Fireside Girls parachute into the backyard as a trial-run for the actual grand entrance, Candace tells Phineas to get the flowers instead while she orders the cake. She then tells them to "just do it." Phineas is impressed with Candace's management skills and thinks that she should do his wedding, a fact Isabella notes.
Candace, trying to do all the arrangements herself, grows more frustrated. Phineas and Ferb show her the wedding flowers, giant Venus fly traps from Tiana and Bob's adventures, and after her head gets stuck in one of their mouths for several seconds, she screams at her mother via phone. Candace doesn't want the boys to help anymore, but Phineas reminds her that Tiana asked them to help and it's her wedding. Candace submits, but asks them to just get some ice, simple normal ice for a simple normal wedding, and lists a bunch of things not to do.
Phineas and Ferb build a gigantic ice sculpture with all their adventures on it, including an ice slide and a scorpion whose tail shoots sparkling apple cider. The cake arrives, but it's a mash-up of meats over a live-chicken in a cage. Even Candace's hair and make-up is ruined.
Just then, Mom and Tiana return home, and while Linda checks on the men, Candace brings Tiana into the backyard to get the boys in trouble. Instead, Tiana loves everything, even the cake and Candace's hair.
Perry chatters to wake up Doofenshmirtz, who escapes his trap by being so fit. However, Doofenshmirtz had enough grease drip off his face to refill his machine. He fires his beam, which melts the giant ice sculpture down so that it looks like Bob and Tiana, causing it to snow and sending the scorpion crashing into his -inator. Instead of a showdown battle, though, Doofenshmirtz is crippled by an upset stomach.
Tiana asks what happened to the ice sculpture, but Phineas and Ferb sing a song for Tiana about to walk down the aisle to Bob.
Once the song is over, Linda points out that Candace forgot the most important part of the wedding: a justice of the peace to marry the couple.
Read the transcript of Candace's Big Day.
Second verse of "Wedding Adventure".
|View the image gallery for "Candace's Big Day".|
I know what we're gonna do today
The "Too Young" Line
Delivery Guy: Aren't you a little young to be a wedding planner?
Candace: No! slams door No, I'm not.
Ferb: They say the step you're about to take is the beginning of your greatest adventure yet.
Phineas: A little corny there, Bro.
Ferb also sings most of the lines in Wedding Adventure
Hey, where's Perry?
Phineas: Looking to Ferb Okay, I guess we can make a entrance that's kinda grand. (After thinking for a second) So, have you seen Perry?
Oh, there you are, Perry
Perry's entrance to his lair
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
Phineas: Where are you going next?
Tiana: The Galapagos. We leave tomorrow.
Candace: They're going to build some sort of wedding rocket to the moon! Or a Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Taffeta!
Aunt Tiana: Well, you steer the boys in the right direction. And have fun, okay?
Major Monogram: This has Doofenshmirtz written all over it. (a picture of Doofenshmirtz, signed many times, appears on the screen) We have no idea why he signed it that many times.
Phineas: Referring to Candace Wow, she's good. I've got to have her plan my wedding. Ferb, make a note.
Isabella: I got it!
Candace: Why would I want my cake in a vase? Oh, you're the florist, not the baker.
Doofenshmirtz: (annoyed, waits for the elevator to stop on his floor, as it continues to stop on every individual floor. He finally gets to his floor and into his home, seeing Perry reading a magazine.) You could've at least gotten into your trap. It's on the table. Look, I appreciate you trying to mix it up, but I have a schedule to keep. Ready? Behold: The Junk-Food-Inator! It uses high-fructose corn syrup and highly carbonated coconut oil to turn any kind of vegetables into toasty, warm junk food! And I will be the only one left eating decent, healthy foods, like these delicious broccolis. (eats broccoli) The only problem is, I'm not quite used to the taste. I'm used to eating the-the junk. (dips broccoli into containers) I'll just dip it in here. (eats) Oh, this is much better! I could eat this all day! I can feel myself getting healthier!
Linda's phone rings, she picks it up. Candace, on the other end, is screaming hysterically. Linda hangs up and turns to Tiana.
Linda: So, are you and Bob thinking of having kids?
Candace: Look at this cake! It has a chicken in it!
Perry chatters then Doofenshmirtz wakes up.
Doofenshmirtz: Wait, what, who am I? Oh, it's me! Perry the Platypus, how did you free yourself?
- Isabella intercepts Ferb making a note about Phineas' wedding, intending to be the bride in the future.
- If Phineas' line "I'm gonna have her plan my wedding" is true, he intends on getting married in the future. But to whom he wants to marry remains uncertain.
- Described on the Crushable website (formerly the Disney Society) as a "healthy lifestyles episode".
- This episode, along with "Just Passing Through", is the first to use the new bland font for the closing credits as opposed to the chalkboard font from the opening credits.
- This font was introduced in "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!".
- May 8, 2010 (Disney Channel Asia)
- June 11, 2010 (Disney Channel Australia and New Zealand)
- January 8, 2011 (Disney Channel UK)
- Candace tells Linda and Tiana to get up-dos and French manicures, but in the wedding, their hair is not tied up at all. Tiana wears a veil with her hair down.
- After Candace puts on her bridesmaid outfit, she has two eyelashes. Later in the episode, she had only one eyelash, however this was probably done on purpose to exaggerate her wedding plans breakdown.
- While Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. is seen on screen, the little pole in the middle is gone, but several shots later, the pole is shown agian.
- When Isabella greets Candace "Hi, Candace!", her mouth doesn't move when she says "hi".
- When Candace tells the boys what shouldn't they do, Ferb's shirt's button isn't colored in.
- When Isabella jumps from the helicopter, she is wearing her Fireside Girls uniform, yet when she slides down the ice sculpture with Ginger, she is wearing her signature look, but when "Wedding Adventure" plays, she yet seen again in her uniform, but when "Hamster-chasing" is said, she is seen again in her regular clothes, then when "Your marriage is the adventure of your life" is sung, she is seen in her Fireside Girl clothes yet again.
- Before Candace rushes to call the delivery man to give a complain about the wedding cake, she is first seen front of the kitchen door, next to the cake box. However, when she runs towards the fence to rush after the delivery man, before she take a look of her reflection on the window, she is seen running from the sliding door.
- When the camera zooms in on Doofenshmirtz's hand holding the oil-coated broccoli, his hand is its usual pale color, but when the camera zooms out, it's green again.
- In some shots, the signs that say "Corn Syrup" and "Coconut Oil" are gray instead of yellow.
- Before Doofenshmirtz falls asleep you can see part of his body but when he wakes up you can't.
- During Wedding Adventure, while Isabella is bungee-jumping, her top is all orange instead of orange and white, like in "At the Car Wash".
- When Linda turns before she walks off to check on Lawrence and Bob, her white shirt turns transparent for a split second.
- When Doofenshmirtz surprised Perry in the elevator, Perry's reflection flinched before he did.
- When Dr. Doofenshmirtz is riding in the elevator, the elevator music is Gitchee Gitchee Goo.
- Moments before Perry enters his lair, Monogram is shown singing I'm Lindana and I Wanna Have Fun!.
- Candace mentions a 'Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Taffeta', a nod to "Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror".
- The "Vague" magazine Aunt Tiana shows Candace was first seen in the episode "Run Away Runway".
- Indiana Jones - During the song "Wedding Adventure", Milly wears an outfit that looks like Indiana Jones' outfit.
- Geico - Candace states that she doesn't want to save money on car insurance, a reference to a series of commercials in which a person receives a phone call about saving money on car insurance.
- Vogue - Aunt Tiana shows Candace a Vague magazine, a reference to Vogue.
- The Buzz on Maggie - Candace's hairdo and dress are similar to Maggie's look in "Bugtillion".
- Harry Houdini - The way Perry escapes from his trap is similar to a Harry Houdini trick.
- Audrey II - In the beginning of the episode, the two are seen running through a jungle of Venus Fly-Traps looking plants. These plants look like Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.
- The Simpsons - The way Perry presses all the elevator buttons and leave Doofenshmirtz going floor to floor is similar to a prank Bart did when the family went to Washington D.C. in the episode "Mr. Lisa goes to Washington".
- Apocalypse Now - This is the second time Candace says, "The horror!" after "Comet Kermillian".
- Tiana is getting married to Captain Bob Webber, who first appeared in "The Lake Nose Monster".
- Buford, Baljeet and Django make a cameo during the singing of Wedding Adventure.
- This episode confirms that the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated main building has at least 40 stories.
- Note: the elevator has buttons going up to 45.
- Candace breaks the fourth wall by looking at the camera and saying "Not you! You hang up!"
- First time Phineas and Ferb's Invention hit Doofenshmirtz' Inator.
- First time that Candace has her hair tied up for almost the entire episode.
- Sixth episode with Candace's name in it ("Lights, Candace, Action!", "Candace Loses Her Head", "Journey to the Center of Candace", "Oil on Candace", "Cheer Up Candace").
- Perry and Doofenshmirtz did some "mixing it up a little". ("Journey to the Center of Candace")
- Doofenshmirtz's schemes is a reversed version of his schemes in "Fireside Girl Jamboree". In this episode, he plans to changes food supplies into junk foods.
- Linda is wearing the same dress on her anniversary. ("Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together")
- According to Dan Povenmire, "Tiana is actually named after my sister Tiana. I named Mom after my sister, Linda, and I only felt it was fair to create another character for the other one so she wouldn't feel left out. [The Disney movie] Princess and the Frog having a Tiana was just a happy accident."
- The Venus fly traps looks like the evil plants from "Atlantis".
- Mount Kilimanjaro is mentioned again ("What Do It Do?")
- "Aw, nuts!", the line Adyson says in "Fireside Girl Jamboree", is said again by Candace.
- This is the second time Candace is seen wearing a petticoat, the first time being in "Lights, Candace, Action!".
- Ferb wears the same glasses as in "My Ride From Outer Space" ("The Chronicles of Meap").
- One of few times Perry does not go back to Phineas and Ferb by episode's end.
- One of the few examples of Dr. D calling Agent P by his name Perry only.
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- John Larroquette as Uncle Bob
- Megan Hilty as Aunt Tiana
"Just Passing Through"
"I Was a Middle Aged Robot"