"Brand New Best Friend" is a song from the movie Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension. The 1st Dimension's Heinz Doofenshmirtz and the Heinz Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension) sing this song.
"Brand New Best Friend" is included as the 4th song in the Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions album.
This song was voted #4 on Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne.
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Do I know you?
Doofenshmirtz: Yeah, I'm you from another dimension.
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Well, that would explain the handsomeness.
Doofenshmirtz: Right back at you, big guy.
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Does that mean you and I are exactly alike?
Doofenshmirtz: I suppose so.
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Do you want some rice pudding?
Doofenshmirtz: No, that's gross!
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): It was a test! Almond brittle?
Doofenshmirtz: Ooh, I love it the most!
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Me too!
Doofenshmirtz: Do you collect coins?
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Yeah, just in case
Vending machines become the
Both: Dominant race
I've been alone all these years
With my irrational fears
Doofenshmirtz: But not the vending machine thing. That's gonna happen.
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): But now before me I see
Both: Someone with whom I agree
I've found a brand new best friend and it's me (2x)
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Hmm, I thought I'd be taller
Doofenshmirtz: I've been told I slouch
I thought I'd have both my eyes, y'know...
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): It's in this pouch
Doofenshmirtz: You know, I can't help but notice that your scar goes over your eyepatch.
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Yeah...
Doofenshmirtz: (pause) ...Nothing...
Doofenshmirtz: Do Lamas weird you out?
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Yeah, are they camels or sheep?
Doofenshmirtz: No, no, I meant Lorenzo
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Oh, that's right
Both: He played Meap!
Both: Now I know all about you
And you know all about me
Both: And now before me I see
Someone with whom I agree
I've found a brand new best friend and it's me (2x)
Now that I've found you
We can be a duo
Doofenshmirtz: That's right.
Both: Twice the evil
Doofenshmirtz: Coming at you Fridays!
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): What- What's that, are we doing a TV show together?
Doofenshmirtz: Oh no. It just sort of sounded like it. Well, I mean, we could. We should!
Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Hmm, maybe we're not so much alike.
Doofenshmirtz: That can be your catchphrase! You're the grumpy one. (Pokes him) huh?
|View the image gallery for Brand New Best Friend.|
- Doofenshmirtz and 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz are seen alluding famous duos, movies, and TV series, including (in order):
- John Lennon and Paul McCartney from The Beatles
- The Blues Brothers
- Simon and Garfunkel
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson
- Laverne and Shirley
- Ralph and Ed from The Honeymooners
- Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in The Road to Morocco
- Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor from Singin' in the Rain
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Lucy and Ethel from I Love Lucy
- Bacon and eggs
- Laurel and Hardy
- Phineas and Ferb
- Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto
- Lewis and Clark
- Both of the Doofenshmirtzes broke the fourth wall twice in one line by mentioning that Meap was played by Lorenzo Lamas and staring at the screen while saying that.
- It is revealed that Doofenshmirtz hates rice pudding, keeps spare change in case vending machines take over, thinks llamas are weird, and likes Lorenzo Lamas.
- Doofenshmirtz and his 2nd Dimension self stand under spotlights that are the same colors as voting choices in the "Everybody Votes Channel" on the Nintendo Wii.
- Doofenshmirtz sings "Comin' at you Fridays!" Phineas and Ferb's timeslot was Friday nights on Disney Channel.
- This song is heard in instrumental version during the battle between Perry and his counterpart.
- This is the second song where, generally speaking, the same person sings in the same song (there being two Doofenshmirtz with the same voice), the first song being "Me, Myself and I".
- Doofenshmirtz mentions his love for almond brittle. He first mentioned it in "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!".
- This is the third time a balalaika (a Russian stringed instrument) appears in the series since "Mom's Birthday" and "Thaddeus and Thor".
- Meap and his voice actor are mentioned. Meap previously appeared in "The Chronicles of Meap" and "Rollercoaster: The Musical!". Meap appears later in "Meapless in Seattle".
- Fourth song in which two people appear getting dressed as different characters. The first was "Hey Ferb" in "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", the second one in "You're Going Down" in the same episode and the third in "Just the Two of Us" in "Canderemy."
- Doofenshmirtz mentions he slouches again, he first said so in "Chez Platypus".
- Just before Doofenshmirtz 1 says " coming at you Fridays", an eye appears above Doofenshmirtz 2 for a split second.
- At the line "We can be a duo!" at duo, the brown horse has something in him all of the sudden.
BMI Work #13200374
- Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
- Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions
- List of songs
"Summer (Where Do We Begin?)" (#5)
|Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne||Next:
"There's a Platypus Controlling Me" (#3)
"Hey Ferb" (#3)
|Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions||Next:
"You're Going Down" (#5)
"Everything's Better with Perry" (#1)
|Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension Song Sampler||Next:
"Summer (Where Do We Begin?)" (#3)