"Ballad of Badbeard" is a sea shanty about the pirate Badbeard sung in the episode "The Ballad of Badbeard". It is first sung by Clyde Flynn, introducing the kids to the tale, then by Phineas, Ferb, Baljeet, Buford, Isabella, and the Fireside Girls aboard the pirate ship (accompanied by Candace on shore) as they sail to find Badbeard's treasure.
Clyde Flynn: Arg, arg, arg, arg, this is the Ballad of Badbeard! (2x)
Clyde, Phineas, Isabella, Baljeet and Buford: Arg, arg, arg, arg, this is the Ballad of Badbeard
Phineas: Avast, me 'arties!
We're sailing for the Isle of Spleen,
To search for the Treasure of Badbeard!
Isabella: We seek adventure and romance
Baljeet: I'm running out of underpants!
All but Ferb: There's ghosts who haunt the cave, and worse:
Talking Skull: It's guarded by a pirate's curse!
Candace: Why do my nostrils whisper to me?
All: Arg, arg, arg, arg, This is the Ballad of Badbeard! (X2)
- When Candace sings her line in the song, she believes herself to be hallucinating after touching orange moss; it is later revealed that the orange moss is harmless.
- The talking skull may be a reference to an audio-animatronic skull on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.
- In the Latin American dub, the voice actors for Buford, Baljeet and Isabella change.
- There's an autograph at the bottom of the boat that says "Grandpa's Dinghy".
- This is the first time Thomas Sangster (Ferb's talking voice) has actually sung a part.
- Second time Isabella sings a solo line. The first was in "In the Mall".
- Katie is the only Fireside Girl not to appear in the song.
- Gretchen and Holly appear to be the only ones to get seasick during the song.
- In the credits version, Candace's line is removed.
- For unknown reasons, Adyson, Gretchen, Milly, and Ginger appear out of nowhere in this song, despite not being in the episode prior to the song, and disappear, afterward.
- Candace's part is sung again in "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!"
- An instrumental version of this song is heard in Act Your Age when Doof suggests taking a sailing yacht adventure as part of his mid-life crisis.
- The song is similar to "Yo ho,yo ho,the pirate's life is for me"
"My Goody Two-Shoes Brother"
"Evil Jingle" ("Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!")
|Songs (Clip Version)||Next:
"Quirky Worky Song" (False Clip Version)
"What Might Have Been"