Dr. Doofenshmirtz: I know you're probably expecting some tragic backstory to explain why I want to reverse the rotation of the Earth. But I'm not gonna go there, ya know, why? Well I'll tell ya!
Back in Gimmelshtump,
I always had to keep it real!
'Cause when you grow up in Gimmelshtump,
Young Heinz: Your childhood is less than ideal!
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: So, I don't dwell on how I crawled my way out of the gutter!
No, I don't!
When people ask me what I mean, I say,
"D-D-D-Do I stutter?"
But I'm no longer a hater,
'Cause I got an Inator
And an over-complicated scheme.
I get a couple of checks
Every month from my ex,
So I can finance my coming regime!
And though my past was a wreck,
I won't let it affect
My aspirations to cause mass hysteria,
'Cause I'm as sure as can be
That it's my destiny
To be the ruler of the Tri-State Area!
|The image gallery for Back in Gimmelshtump may be viewed here.|
- In a similar theme to "History of Rock", more than one genre of music was heard.
- The beginning of this song strongly resembles Bryan Adams', "Run to You".
- Balloony and Norm can be seen in the background.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz calls Charlene Doofenshmirtz his ex-wife again ("Hail Doofania!", "Thaddeus and Thor", and "Finding Mary McGuffin").
- The Background Dancer says she's "picking up my kid from school", while this episode takes place in summer (although this could mean summer school).
- The background dancers Doofenshmirtz is seen singing in front of constantly change between parts, including the same dancers from "Hey Ferb".
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz is wearing a WWI era German helmet, the pickelhaub.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz's straw boater hat's stripe color is red, but in his early songs, it is colored green in My Goody Two-Shoes Brother, except in "Charmed Life", where it is colored purple.
- In the album version of the song, the line "Your childhood is less than ideal!" is sung differently in a higher pitch, probably to make clear that was the young Heinz. (In the Spanish version also changed but less high pitched)
- This is the second time Doofenshmirtz has removed his turtleneck and lab coat ("Are You My Mummy?").
- This is Doofenshmirtz's last musical performance in Season 2.
- Doofenshmirtz has a big belly, which means he still hasn't lost those ten pounds. ("Fireside Girl Jamboree")
- The tune of the second part of the song is similar to "Impress My Professor".
- The Background of a part on the rock part shows Balloony.
- Second song of Dr. Doofenshmirtz that starts with the word "back", the first was "Impress My Professor" in "Oil on Candace".
- Young Heinz has a solo as a lawn gnome. ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror")
BMI Work #13163447
"Aren't You a Little Young?"
"Come Home Perry" (#15)
|Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions||Next:
"When You Levitate" (#17)