Phineas and Ferb was the tentative title of a film adaptation of Phineas and Ferb. Very little is known about this project except that it was to be a combination of live action and animation and would have been written by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Dan Povenmire and Academy Award-winning screenwriter Michael Arndt. Media gossiper Jim Hill mentioned that Disney's plan for the film included having the Phineas and Ferb characters be portrayed by live actors. This was denied by Dan Povenmire, who stated that the characters would remain animated as they would on the show.
Originally announced in 2011, the movie was originally set to be released on July 26, 2013, but it was delayed to a 2014 date to be determined later. However, Deadline Hollywood reported on August 16, 2013 that the movie had been removed from Disney's release schedule. In 2019, the same year that Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe was announced, it was confirmed that the film was ultimately shelved.
- During the winter press tour of the Television Critics Association on January 10, 2011, Gary Marsh, chief creative officer of Disney Channels Worldwide, announced that Walt Disney Studios was in the early stages of developing a Phineas and Ferb feature film. It was being developed by Sean Bailey, Disney's president of motion picture production.
- On October 27, 2011, it was announced that Michael Arndt, the Academy-Award nominated writer of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 (and who was later announced as the screenwriter of Star Wars: The Force Awakens), was revising Povenmire and Marsh's original draft of the script and that David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films, who had recently produced The Muppets for Disney, had signed on as producers. Todd Lieberman said that "It will be like Roger Rabbit, where we'd keep those characters and put them in the real world".
- On July 12, 2015, it was confirmed by Jim Hill on a Twitter post that the script for the film has been completed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/tca-disney-developing-phineas-and-ferb-feature/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://assignmentx.com/2011/tca-2011-phineas-and-ferb-feature-film-in-the-works-at-disney/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Phineas and Ferb movie release date
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/10/phineas-ferb-movie-release-date-michael-arndt-july-disney.html
- ↑ http://www.magicaldefinition.com/disney-podcast/show-notes/196/phineas-and-ferb-2nd-dimension.ashx
- ↑ http://articles.ocregister.com/2011-08-03/news/29852124_1_phineas-and-ferb-jeff-swampy-marsh-doofenshmirtz/2
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/07/26/2011-07-26_phineas_and_ferb_reinvent_the_essence_of_disney_channel_charm_in_kidfriendly_tv_.html?r=entertainment
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disneys-lone-ranger-sets-may-31-release-date-248191
- ↑ http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/the-avengers-sequel-gets-a-title/
- ↑ http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/producers-compare-phineas-ferb-film-to-roger-rabbit-hybrid-mix/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JimHillMedia/status/620290409856512001
The Phineas and Ferb Movie